PDA

View Full Version : goals for 2010

storminsteve
12-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I had a fair year, no really big fish, a few keepers. Lots of action with the small ones. Let's hear some of your goals for 2010. Mine are---

fish more at night
fish bunker chunks at night in the spring
always use a teaser in the fall
learn to read the water better

Monty
12-26-2009, 09:32 PM
My goals for 2010:
1) Catch more bass
2) Catch bigger bass

Going to fish Slug-gos and Hogys more.
Also have some real nice big wood to throw.

gjb1969
12-27-2009, 01:42 AM
bigger bass plane and simple:fishing:

rip316
12-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree with all of you guys. Same goals here. My main goal is to get my kids out there more in the summer months. I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Take a guess which one loves to fish. my daughter is 11 yrs old and has caught the most keepers on the boat this year. She loves it as long as we stay in the river cuz she gets seasick real quick. Loves to fish my little girl.

rip316
12-27-2009, 09:11 AM
keeper fluke.

Frankiesurf
12-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I plan on getting out more this year. Both spring and fall for me were cut short due to other obligations. I did what I could but had to rely more on friends to locate the fish as I wasn't out enough to keep track of them.

I will also get up to Rhode Island this year at least once.

killie
12-27-2009, 12:16 PM
getting finchaser a new phone with a longer battery life :)

bababooey
12-27-2009, 12:34 PM
^^^^Can I get in on that cellphone chain, or is there a waiting list?:D

vpass
12-27-2009, 01:31 PM
My goal is to start/go more often in the early spring.
Catch more Weakies
Catch 1 Keeper Fluke during open season.:ROFLMAO
Catch a Bass over 30 Pounds.
Get into Shark fishing off the Surf.
Keep less keepers.

nitestrikes
12-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Bigger bass.
I also want to try harder for albies from the surf.

DarkSkies
12-28-2009, 08:43 AM
My main goal is to get my kids out there more in the summer months. I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Take a guess which one loves to fish. my daughter is 11 yrs old and has caught the most keepers on the boat this year. She loves it as long as we stay in the river cuz she gets seasick real quick. Loves to fish my little girl.
I find that interesting that your daughter loves to fish more than the others. Good for her! :clapping: That's the way it works sometimes. I hope King Neptune watches over you all, and she pulls in some nice fish. :thumbsup:

I will also get up to Rhode Island this year at least once.
1. Me too, I'm goin to Rhody!
I would be embarassed if I told ya how many times I planned a Rhody trip but didn't go. :embarassed: Some of the most beautiful water on the stripercoast. :drool:

getting finchaser a new phone with a longer battery life :)
It would take the VP of the Effumall club to have an effumall attitude. :rolleyes: Captain Morgan would be proud.

My goal is to... Catch more Weakies
Get into Shark fishing off the Surf.
2. Two of mine as well. Didn't get out much to shark fish this year, and they were abundant in the late summer months. :beatin:
As for the weakies, there were some nice ones into the high teens C&R this spring. I want to C&R one for next year. Most of the guys I know spent hours at a time for 1 fish, sometimes fishing 2 tides, thousands of casts, for that 1/2 hour window of opportunity. I gotta spend more time OTW this spring, night tides.

3. Another: Taking kids fishing more.
Rip316 you reminded me of a goal I set out to do last year and did poorly at.... take kids fishing. I did that, but could have done better.

One of my favorite fishin buddies is 10 now. He's making the transition from bait fishin to surfcasting. The thing about surfcasting for kids is it's boring if they ain't catchin. He manages to have a good time anyway. :thumbsup: However, last time he disregarded my instructions as we were wading out into the bay. He got wet and we had to leave early. Hey, kids do that. :don't know why: I get a lot of joy teaching others some of the stuff I learned, so I have to do that more this year.

4. Practice C&R of striped bass more.
I do this for the most part, but I do keep and eat fish. I want to get it out there in the videos that despite the skepticism, one person can make a difference doing this. I can't tell you other guys to do that, but I can do it for me. I want to try to set more of an example in all areas.

5. Keep up the pace in my fishermen access, fishermens' rights, and fishing legislation involvement. My mission is to try to convince people by presenting stats, stories, and real-life examples. I want them to see for themselves they should get involved and learn more about some of these things, even if they only fish a few times a year.

Good thread, guys. :cool:

plugginpete
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I4. Practice C&R of striped bass more.
I do this for the most part, but I do keep and eat fish. I want to get it out there in the videos that despite the skepticism, one person can make a difference doing this. I can't tell you other guys to do that, but I can do it for me. I want to try to set more of an example in all areas.

No offense, Dark, but how do you know that just because YOU catch and release, the guy down the beach won't catch your released fish, take it home and eat it?:huh: btw thanks for all you and the others guys here do for striped bass and those meetings you write about.

My goals
To get out more.
Learn to bucktail in any water.
Fish more places that are unknown from internet reports.

jigfreak
12-28-2009, 12:41 PM
More fishing trips
Catch some fish in the coldest part of the season on jigs and rubber, starting in March.
Get an albie or 2 from the surf.

finchaser
12-28-2009, 06:55 PM
No offense, Dark, but how do you know that just because YOU catch and release, the guy down the beach won't catch your released fish, take it home and eat it?:huh: btw thanks for all you and the others guys here do for striped bass and those meetings you write about.

Releasing gives fish a chance, dead is dead. How do you know the other guy doesn't C&R too :huh:

jimbob
12-28-2009, 07:51 PM
More Bass.
Bigger Bass.
More often.

surfwalker
12-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Goals- I guess just as its always been for me- walk/cast/see Stripes/ENJOY.

Jackbass
12-29-2009, 07:35 AM
1. See the MA Gamefish Bill passed.

2. Fish more often.

3. Fish with Frankie and Dark in Rhody surf!

4. Release 100% of all fish I catch back to the water succesfully.

5. Go over 40 pounds from the Surf this year,

6. Fish More eels.

7. Finally finish my 704's that have been stripped machined and waiting for bearing installation reaming and clutches. (too much time spinning wood.

surferman
01-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Do you have any New Years Resolutions for fishing this coming year?

rip316
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I think this falls under the same thread someone started about what are our goals are for 2010.

rip316
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Me and my son who at the time was seven were on ibsp in dec. He starts to dig a hole. Keeping himself busy I let him dig away. After about a solid tenty minutes I check on him and he is standing in about 7 inches of water in the bottom of the hole. Feet soaking wet we had to make our way home. Kids do stupid things but they are kids. I love taking my kids and share the experiences and good times together.