PDA

View Full Version : going over techniques

hookset
12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I seem to be spending my time looking for TV shows and going on the internet looking for ways to improve my techniques. I am usually a sound sleeper but if I wake up at night I think of jigging, and casting. What are some of your favorite ways to surf fish, jigging over deeper water, tossing bait bait and wait, or casting in the surf, and why?

rip316
12-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Hookset. The only reason why I like to hit the beach and walk is because I can't sit still to save my life. I do not mind bait fishing at all but it is bbbooorrrriiinnngggg unless you have a good bite. other than that for me it's walking.

Monty
12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
I hit the beach and throw plugs, rubber or metal. No bait. Lots of walking. I used to fly fish for trout. I find plugging a beach very similar. Looking for structure, currents, bait. But the fish in the salt water are much bigger than the trout.

jimbob
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I like fishing surface plugs, because the strikes are cool. It is exciting.

bluesdude71
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
If you plug or fish artificials, it helps to have a game plan, and figure a few places to fish based on the tide. Bait fishing is a little more relaxed, usually staying in one place or not moving too far. I bait fish a lot more in the middle of the summer or diring a full moon, or with the phosphorescence around. It really depends on the kind of fishing you like best.

CharlieTuna
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM
When fishing the surf, I like to walk and cast, walk and cast, until I find a pocket of fish. I work those fish until the action slows down, and then I move on.