PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ahead, trying new fishing things

hookedonbass
01-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I want to get out fishing more and try out some different plugs. Fly fishing is also on the list. What are some of the goals you have set for yourself this year?

Monty
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Fishing Slug-gos and Hogies more often.
Also found a few spots to fish that are in the areas I have been fishing. Will be walking a little farther this year.

vpass
01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Flyfish more. I want to get a May gator blue on a Fly popper.:drool: I always lose big blues on the fly. I need to break the 10 pound mark.:scared::eek:

Frankiesurf
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I am going to give fly fishing a shot this year. I will also be skishing starting this spring. Another first for me.

gjb1969
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
i am thinking abought doing a set up for just swim baits for the back and that set up will be just for swim baits only i am looking at mighty bite swim bait set up now mite try it got a bunch of sizes so its a good fit in the back the bass come in all sizes in the back there so u never know waht can happen thats what i think i will do new :thumbsup:

rip316
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I am going to try to fish clams before and after storms more. I also would like to find some new areas closer to home to fish when I can't take my boat out. My boat is docked in brick but when I hit the surf and backwater i'd like to be a little more local. ( UNION COUNTY ) I'd like to move my boat to Raritan bay area. The drive to brick gets a little unbearable at times but, I love fishing manasquan river and the ocean around Pt. Pleasant. I love the area and have been getting to know it pretty well now. I know, what a dilemma.