PDA

View Full Version : Techniques:Fishing a bottle plug

surfstix1963
01-15-2010, 08:11 AM
This is a specialized plug to me I don't even bring one unless the surf is cranking one of its pros is its castability in the wind and they are fairly easy to work.

Cast it out and after it lands give it a couple of hard jerks to get the plug to dig in thats what the lip is designed to do.You will know if it dug in when you start your retrieve you will feel every wobble it makes if you don't you lost contact with the plug this sometimes happens if it gets caught up in the wave the wrong way try a couple more jerks and see if it will dig in again.

Your line will be very tight and when they hit it you will know they usually will slam this with a vengence.I like my superstrikes when it comes to these plugs.The newest one is the bottle darter by Northbar I do have some but could not fish this year so personally I don't know,my buddies are telling me they are bass killers.

plugginpete
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
What surfstix said. They were made for rough water and are good for finding fish at night in rough surf. I love the Northbar bottle darters. I don't know what it is about them. They look like other bottle plugs, but seem to cast and dig in better. Great plugs.

jigfreak
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
X2. I like the way they dig in.