PDA

View Full Version : All time favorite line

basshunter
01-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I use suffix tri when surf fishing. IMO nothing beats it. What is your all time favorite line to use?

Monty
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Sufix Performance braid is my favorite.
I use Power Pro also, but their quality control is UNFREAKEN TERRIBLE.
I use 30 lb test.

finchaser
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Stren Sonic braid IMO is best and I've tried them all
for conventional Tuff line and Diawa Samaria Braid

gjb1969
01-17-2010, 01:57 AM
sufix tri is the only line i use and i have on all my reels when no one knew the name and i only use it in 17 lb test :thumbsup:

surfstix1963
01-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Years ago I would of said ande pink now that u think back although pretty indestructable for mono you think how the hell did I cast this no wonder my casting distance was so bad.I like the suffix braid the best so far w/the spiderline stealth close behind.I'm going to experiment w/ another off the wall braid when they let me fish again,I used it briefly this spring B4 my injury and never had any problems w/ it so far but I didn't get to put enough time into it.

Dreaminofishin
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Surfstix, I have always used mono. What are the pros and cons of mono vs braid?

surfstix1963
01-18-2010, 04:12 AM
I'll just keep this towards surf fishing because braid does have better qualities over mono in other fishing situations.

Braid:Has very little or no memory so it goes on the spool like it came off unless while plugging sometimes it goes on w/some slack.
Mono:Has horrible memory if slack is on the spool it will just get worse & then you end up with the infamous birds nest because the line comes off in loops on top of each other on the cast.A good thing to do w/both lines is to cast a tin or weight when you are done fishing and reel the line back on so you dont have slack on the spool.

Braid: Casts better & further because it slides through the guides w/less friction and has less diameter than mono.
Mono: Has a shorter casting distance because of its thickness and more friction going through the guides.

Braid:Braid is also very sensitive you can feel every little thing w/it.
Mono:Just not that sensitive at all you will feel the fish when it hits though.

Braid:Is very strong, has a very small diameter so you can fit more line on a reel but you do need to use mono backing on the reel so it absorbs the shock should you have the blessing of a fish spooling you.

Braid:Knots hold better but certain knots will fail with braid.Especially when tying braid to mono.
Mono:You can use virtually any knot out there and it won't fail unless it is the wrong knot or tied poorly.

Braid:Will cut you like a knife or worse you need to be very careful while tying knots especially w/ wet hands.Another thing is braid is a PITA to cut(I use a cigarette lighter it burns through it and also forms a little wad at the end so when my knot snugs up the wad kind of binds it tight so it doesn't slip.)(Another little hint is to always carry a safety pin it is one of the best tools for picking away at a wind knot makes life much easier.)
Mono:Will cut you but not that serious.

Braid:Is much more visible in the water thats why most use a flourocarbon leader w/braid.
Mono:Is not seen in the water very much because it blends in better.

Braid:Puts a lot of stress on you gear(guides,rods & reels)(They now make better equipt. for the braided line but it costs $$$)
Mono:Also has been improving over the years.It is starting to get some good features about it.But right now the hype is braid. Try not to get to caught up in hype try different things what I like you may hate what I think you may say that guys a nut.Different strokes for different folks.

So theres some pros and cons I fish both I plug w/braid and bait w/mono.I'm sure others will have more answers for you.

rip316
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
You got it down perfectly Surfstix.

Dreaminofishin
01-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for another lesson.

surfstix1963
01-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Anytime just ask I'll give you my opinion some may disagree but we all have opinions just like we all have(you know)

Doublerunner
01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Hello there I couldn't help but notice what beautiful eyes you have.

Oh, you meant fishing line....

surfstix1963
01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
:huh: I guess I missed something there:don't know why:

Doublerunner
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
The topic of the thread is "All Time Favorite Line"

Frankiesurf
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
My first thought too John. Although mine is " Do you like apples? What do you say we get naked back at my place. How do you like them apples?"

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
My first thought too John. Although mine is " Do you like apples? What do you say we get naked back at my place. How do you like them apples?"

With your mad skilz ya might just confuse it with "If I told ya you had the hottest body would ya hold it against me?" after one too many and find out the apple of your eye had an Adam's apple. :laugh: :HappyWave:

9Bi314DjY3Y

Frankiesurf
01-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice to see you getting work in TV Rich. Just a wig, your own bikini and you get paid. Nice!:thumbsup:

bababooey
01-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice to see you getting work in TV Rich. Just a wig, your own bikini and you get paid. Nice!:thumbsup:

:ROFLMAO:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
01-26-2010, 07:31 AM

It would be hard for me to play that role, dude, my stomach would stick out like a beach ball. But thanks for thinkin of me anyway. :rolleyes: :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
01-31-2010, 06:24 PM
The topic of the thread is "All Time Favorite Line"
Ok got ya I'm a little slow these days too many pain killers.

rockhopper
01-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Hello there I couldn't help but notice what beautiful eyes you have.

Oh, you meant fishing line....

good bar pick up line -
Heaven must be missing an angel because when I noticed you tonight I saw stars.:cool:

storminsteve
01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Funny stuff, guys. Sick, but funny. I wouldn't be too happy walking up to that guy in the orange bikini on the beach!:scared: