PDA

View Full Version : who is someone you would like to fish with this year?

hookset
01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
The spring season is coming upon us, though not fast enough for me. Who is someone you would like to fish with? They could be someone living or dead. For me it Darkskies. He does a great job on this site and seems to have a font of information. How about it Dark?:HappyWave:

Simp
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll agree with you on that.

rip316
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't mind fishing with any of you. You all seem like a good bunch of guys. I have a lot to learn.

Dreaminofishin
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
I agree with you Rip. In the short time that I have been registered I've learned more than from any site I've ever visited. The people on this board have been very helpful. I would like to fish with anyone.

gjb1969
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
aw dark they all like u man :wow: see u can make friends:kooky: but hes a good guy a true die hard i know to well:thumbsup:

surfstix1963
01-19-2010, 04:02 AM
I would like to fish w/Rich and also Rip plugger(Roddy) 2 very good guys.I don't know how much of a diehard I'll be able to be anymore but hell I'm up for the challenge.Oh and I owe dreaming of fishing a trip.I'll fish w/ just about anyone as long as your not running around w/ your nose held high I have an ex wife for that.My grandfather started me on his boat and even though he passed awhile ago I think he still comes to fish with me.

rip316
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Well if the weather can stay the way it's going to be this week maybe just maybe we can get an early start this year. What I

rip316
01-19-2010, 08:12 AM
mean is by the time the first of March gets here the fish will already be here. I will be asking as the time approaches who wants to hook up. Theres also a seminar run by hi-mar fishing club on feb.13 I'll Be going to with my bro in law. Maybe i'll run into some of you there.

DarkSkies
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow. Remember people I'm just a goog with a white bucket. ;)
There are hundreds of guys who are way more skilled than me.

I'll fish with anyone here, just PM me ahead of time and we'll set it up. :thumbsup:

As for who I would fish with, I would have a few choices. Obviously some of them would be the guys who are no longer around. The ones who learned everything in the salt the hard way, by trial, error, and lots of walking, back when there was no internet, seminars, or self-help fishing books.

If I could only make one choice, I would go back in time and fish the salt with my Dad, back before his knees got bad and heart started giving up on him.

I would go back to a time when he was between 25-30, back when he had less pressure in his life and was able to do some things other than work all the time. Back when he was in great physical shape and could handle being out there in all kinds of conditions.

I would take him to the rocks of Montauk, where we would fish the north and south beaches. We would also hit the beaches of Cape Cod, Cuttyhunk, and fish the famous Canal. :dribble:

I would take him to the inspiring rock jetties and salt ponds of Rhode Island, and the shores of Block Island. We would travel the beautiful Fire Island shoreline and fish that too. I would take him out on my kayak for some fishing on the N Shore of LI, and explore the cuts and coves. We would fish NJ, from Perth Amboy to Cape May.

I would take him down to Cape Hatteras, and we would fish the pounding surf together for drum, striped bass, and some crazy bluefish.:viking:

I can't do that now because he's gone. Remember people not to take those who are important to you for granted. They won't live forever. There's no guarantee they'll be here tomorrow. :learn:

finchaser
01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
My Dad

vpass
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
I would be happy to fish with any of you here. I had the pleasure to fish with Dark; He's a real cool dude. I'm looking forward to this up coming season to meet some of you.

My son he’s 12 yrs old, He has no interest. He promised that he will come out with me a few times this year, we’ll see.

rip316
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
My Dad has pretty much not been a great Dad to me at all. Both my parents abused alcohol and drugs and cheated on each other and always had the cops at our apt. once a week for domestic violence. My Dad has not been a great Grandpa either. We haven't spoken for a couple years again now and he only lives a few blocks away from me. He is currently fighting lung cancer and to be honest I could reall ycare less. Thats how much hatred I have for him. I have a boat and I know for sure he would love to go fishing with me but, I refuse to contact him. He ruined my life for a lot of years. When I was younger and he found out I was smoking marijuana he had me get it for himn instead of yelling at me and telling me what I was doing was wrong. Getting back to the post, I guess I would like to fish with anyone of you guys insead of him. Always looking for a Dad. See yas on the water.

Doublerunner
01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Since you asked for someone new then I would say my 2 boys but they don't have much interest. 2nd choice Crazy Alberto Knie. 3rd choice would be to take a veteran fishing. Also, any of you guys ( and gals).

Not new I would say my Dad. I missed too many years of not fishing with him and I'll never be able to get that back. I had the joy of me taking him striper fishing this year and he does have trouble getting around although he is a tough old bugger. I hope to be able to get him out more this coming season

Dreaminofishin
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
My Dad and brother were my fishing buddies. We used to fish IBSP. Lost them both to cancer very close together in time in the early 90's. Boy, what I wouldn't give for one more chance at that. Haven't been back there since.

bababooey
01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Dreamin. It must have been a tough thing to lose them both around the same time.:(

I would like to fish with Lief Ericson or one of the ancient Vikings. He would laugh at the modern technology we use, and if there was any trouble we could always blame it on him. I think it would be a blast.

bababooey
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
I would consider fishig with Dark if we could limit him to one thermos of coffee. I would also like to fish with Killie. The goal would be to give him enough dramamine to get him drowsy, and steal the secret signal to Finchaser's cell phone.:plastered:

storminsteve
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
and steal the secret signal to finchaser's cell phone.:plastered:

rip316
01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Dreamin!

surferman
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I would consider fishig with Dark if we could limit him to one thermos of coffee.

Dark limit his coffee? Thats like asking a mouse not to eat cheese.:D

CharlieTuna
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Dreamin. It must have been a tough thing to lose them both around the same time.:(

I would like to fish with Lief Ericson or one of the ancient Vikings. He would laugh at the modern technology we use, and if there was any trouble we could always blame it on him. I think it would be a blast.

What an interesting choice. I would like to fish with Ernest Hemingway, if I could. If you didn't catch anything, I imagine you would have a great party afterward.:plastered: