PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Finchaser

DarkSkies
01-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Just putting it out there that Finchaser is having surgery today.

He should be home this afternoon. I said a prayer and everything should be OK. He might not be able to hit the internet and may need a few days for recovery. I'm posting here to let people know.

I may also be throwing up a few posts to cheer him up. He's not supposed to laugh for awhile so the cuts heal up right. Maybe I'll take it easy on him for the 1st 24 hours or so. ;)

I sure wish the Doc could have fixed the Grouchy :argue: part while he was under the anesthesia. Ya can't have everything in this world. :don't know why:

Feel better, OGB. :moon:

rip316
01-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery sir.

surfwalker
01-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Hope your recovery is a quick one.

clamchucker
01-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I hope it isn't too serious. Best wishes.

storminsteve
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Hope you feel better. I'll look for your pending appearance on the next Batman remake.:thumbsup:

jigfreak
01-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Wishing you a quick recovery.

nitestrikes
01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Good luck!

ledhead36
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Hoping your recovery is quick, finchaser.

stripercrazy
01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Get well soon. What's with the batman thing?

bababooey
01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
What's with the batman thing?

Ask killie.:plastered:
Hope you feel better finchaser.

gjb1969
01-22-2010, 02:33 PM
feel better :thumbsup:

vpass
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I hope it nothing serious. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

plugaholic
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

bluesdude71
01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Feel better hope it's not bad.

rockhopper
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey hope all is ok

stripercrazy
01-22-2010, 07:03 PM
best wishes for a speedy recovery.

cowherder
01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Get better soon finchaser.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
01-23-2010, 10:53 AM
OK 24 hours have passed, he made it home ok. Now I can make fun of the OGB. :lookhappy:

OLD FART JOKES:

You young people go ahead and laugh you too will be there before you know it.

1. Garage Door

The boss walked into the office one morning not knowing his zipper was down and his fly area wide open. His assistant walked up to him and said, 'This morning when you left your house, did you close your garage door?' The boss told her he knew he'd closed the garage door, and walked into his office puzzled by the question.

As he finished his paperwork, he suddenly noticed his fly was open, and zipped it up. He then understood his assistant's question about his 'garage door.'

He headed out for a cup of coffee and paused by her desk to ask, 'When my garage door was open, did you see my Hummer parked in there?'

She smiled and said, 'No, I didn't. All I saw was an old mini van with two flat tires..

2. An elderly gentleman....

Had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%

The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect.. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'

The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet.

I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

3. Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?'

Slim says, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.'

'Really!? Like a newborn baby!?'

'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

4. An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.

The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great.. I would recommend it very highly.'

The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'

The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?

You know.... The one that's red and has thorns.'

'Do you mean a rose?'

'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

5. Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted hed idn't need my help to leave the hospital.

After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.

On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.

'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

DarkSkies
6. Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..

Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.

'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'

'Sure..'

'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.

'No, I can remember it.'

'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, sonot to forget it?'

He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'

'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.

Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'

Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.

'Where's my toast ?'

7. A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:

'So I hear you're getting married?'

'Yep!'

'Do I know her?'

'Nope!'

'This woman, is she good looking?'

'Not really.'

'Is she a good cook?'

'Naw, she can't cook too well.'

'Does she have lots of money?'

'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'

'Well, then, is she good in bed?'

'I don't know.'

'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'

'Because she can still drive!'

8. Three old guys are out walking.

First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'

Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'

Third one says, 'So am I.. Let's go get a beer..'

9. Morris , an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.

A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.

A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'

Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''

The doctor said, 'I didn't say that.. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'

9. A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool.. After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.

The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'

'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'

DarkSkies
Grandpa and Bo, the Dog

This would be funny

if it weren't so true!!!

My father-in-law had prostate surgery..We brought him to the hospital at 7:30 a.m.,and he was operated onat eight.We were amazed when the hospital calledat noonto tell us he could go home.

Two months later our hound dog, Bo also had prostate surgery... When I brought him in, I asked the veterinarian what time I should pick him up. The vet told me Bo would remain overnight.

"Overnight?" I said.” My father-in-law came home the same day."

The vet looked at me and said, "Bo's not on Medicare!"

buckethead
01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Hope all went well and you get back on your feet soon. Look on the good side at least it wasn't during fishing season!:HappyWave:

fishinmission78
01-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Get well soon.

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Since he's not here to yell for a day or so, I had to find a twin to fill the void:

I like the one about condom recycling. :thumbsup:

y1_NhnXMCKw

Feel better OGB. :moon:

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 06:53 PM
1EwgvDvtqQs

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Finchaser, always the thoughtful guy, gives his girlfriend a present for Christmas ;)

IAEOgzfp3x0

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Grouchy Old Man (http://www.laughitout.com/2009/02/grouchy-old-man.html)

While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.

After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip. When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn’t miss them until they had been driving about forty minutes.

By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grouchy old man. He fussed and complained, and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive.

The more he chided her, the more agitated he became. He just wouldn’t let up one minute. To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant. As the woman got out of the car, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her,

‘While you’re in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card.’ :laugh:

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Two men are fishing on a riverbank when they see a funeral procession passing by. One of the men stands up, takes off his hat, and bows.

"That was a very nice thing to do," says the second man.

"Well," sniffles the first, "we were married for 25 years."

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
I hardly ever go, but today was special. I asked the priest if he would say something nice about Finchaser in the sermon. He didn't. :(

I kinda felt bad about that until just now. I got an e-mail from the priest. It seems he did have a message for OGB. :cool: :lookhappy:

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
It seems all the priests around the country are rallying for the OGB to get better. :rolleyes:

Monty
01-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Get well Finchaser.

captnemo
01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
It seems all the priests around the country are rallying for the OGB to get better. :rolleyes:

:clapping: This is priceless. I am guessing that is Dr Lubchenko. Best wishes for a speedy recovery finchaser.

Pebbles
01-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Finchaser, I wish you a quick recovery.:HappyWave:

finchaser
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I would like to thank all of you for your concerns and well wishes.

It has made for some nice reading while I am recovering from double hernia surgery. I was suppose to have had this done in July but I elected to get through fishing season which probably wasn't the greatest idea.

Again thanks to all, it was deeply appreciated
Bob

bababooey
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
:thumbsup: Welcome back finchaser!

storminsteve
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Glad you are ok.

DarkSkies
01-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Finchaser, always the thoughtful guy, gives his girlfriend a present for Christmas ;)

IAEOgzfp3x0

I wanted to bring this to the top because OGB said he didn't see it. This is YOU, OGB! :ROFLMAO No sugar-coating or minimizing, Matthau's role fits you perfectly. ;)

I was priveleged to hear the ranting last night on the phone, so I know you're getting better. :laugh: Glad you made it through OK. I don't know what life would be like without those daily rants. :rolleyes:
Glad ya liked the church signs too. :HappyWave:

finchaser
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
IMO a waste of a fish:Despecially if it were a bass.