PDA

View Full Version : Needle plug color

Monty
01-24-2010, 02:59 PM
What do you think is the most productive color for Needle plugs fished at night?
My only success has been with the sinking Super Strike Needle in that green color.

surfstix1963
01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I like olive green and also black but sometimes if you have some moonlight yellow will work, a sinking needle is better at night I like to let it drop retrieve some and repeat or try and really retrieve it slowly acrooss the bottom.The gibbs I use before sun up they tend to ride higher and make a v-wake.I'm not too sure about the newer Tsunami needles they remind of a Gibbs I'm not sure how they ride I have them but couldn't fish them either.I'm re painting a Gibbs in a copper/gold blend sometimes I listen to the voices in my head too much.:D

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
....sometimes I listen to the voices in my head too much.:D

I hear voices in my head every day, Surfstix. I'm glad they're not too intense, though. :ROFLMAO I think if you and I didn't have those voices, we might not be who we are.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for the voices. ;) :plastered:

As for the needles, I keep it simple, I fish black at night. Might fish yellow or white on a full moon. :fishing:

storminsteve
01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Green or black, all good.

surfstix1963
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I think the color has a lot to do w/how the plug contrasts off the sky at night and what shadow the fish are seeing.Have you ever bait fished w/ a black rod and a white one the darker it gets the harder the white one is to see but the black sticks out like a sore thumb.So the darker it gets the more your eyes adjust to the dark thus seeing less of a lighter color.I'm assuming this happens to the fish also at night so I guess color and contrast work hand in hand.:don't know why::don't know why:

vpass
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Black color and burple color for night fishing. I do real well with those colors with all plugs. I caught alot of bass last year on black needles.

surfstix1963
01-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Going to give this a try I think it may produce day and night.Then again may not catch anything.Gibbs repaint.

vpass
01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Surf, that a nice color :thumbsup:, let us know how you do with that color this year.

finchaser
01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Going to give this a try I think it may produce day and night.Then again may not catch anything.Gibbs repaint.

popular color up north where bass feed on lobster and squid:drool:

Monty
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Repainted these:

fishinmission78
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Pretty work monty. I like black, green, purple. Like others said I don't think it matters a heck of a lot unless its a full moon.

surfstix1963
02-23-2010, 05:13 AM
popular color up north where bass feed on lobster and squid:drool:
Thats kind of where I was headed w/ that color. Squid although they can change many colors they always seem to have that copper bronze highlight in them.