PDA

View Full Version : omega protein media blitz

seamonkey
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I was looking for a video on the bunker spotter planes and came across this. Omega protein has so much ill will out there that they have put up a multi million ad campaign to try to tell people that they are not the rapers of the sea we think they are.:kooky:

This is the video. The comments underneath are my opinion, the comments I think should really be in the video. Pass this video around to all the guys you know who fish. Go to the video and make comments' about how come they won't go completely under the govt's rules and push for the Virginia legislature to govern their quota? Why is that? If they are so honest what are they afraid of?:2flip:
C1fAcwhqsYE

"Our fathers were fishermen and raped the sea.
Their fathers raped the sea too.
This is who we are, we're sea-rapers.
What we have done for generations.

We rape the oceans ,
and all that they hold.
We are Omega Protein, and will be raping the oceans for generations to come.

Omega Protein is committed to raping the menhaden fishery.
The greasing of Congressmens pockets is our most important priority as a company.

What few people outside our company realize is how much money we contribute to the Congressmen and legislators in Virginia. We continue to funnel money into their campaigns so they don't look at our records too closely, or give the menhaden management responsibility over to the govenment.

We believe we are the best people to manage this menhaden resource for our top financial results.

What the government doesn't know won't hurt them."

storminsteve
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
"Our fathers were fishermen and raped the sea.
Their fathers raped the sea too.
This is who we are, we're sea-rapers.
What we have done for generations.

We rape the oceans ,
and all that they hold.
We are Omega Protein, and will be raping the oceans for generations to come.

Omega Protein is committed to raping the menhaden fishery.
The greasing of Congressmens pockets is our most important priority as a company.

:ROFLMAO:clapping::clapping::clapping: roflmfao! Dude you should write comedy sketches for a living, Omega the sea rapers!!!! :laugh:

gjb1969
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
:laugh::laugh:they are full of crap

Doublerunner
01-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Also understand their wording. When they say the menhaden fishery is sustainable they only mean right now. They also only mean that there will be enough for them to catch and sell year after year. They don't talk about being sustainable enough as prey for other fish in the ocean such as stripers, amongst others. They also don't talk about the importance of Menhaden as cleaners of the ocean as they eat a lot of the algae. The algae growth along the coast lines is getting worse every year. This is mainly due to the Menhaden not being there. Menhaden are born in deep ocean water...not close to shore. So they're getting wiped out before they have a chance to get in close enough to shore. And hence there are miles long dead zones all along coastal waters and it's only getting worse

Many commercial fishermen will say they are catching plenty of stripers and it's not their fault the stripers are not close to shore. Well that may be true due to the Menhaden being wiped out in huge numbers

Oysters and Menhaden are the main filters of the ocean floor. We all know what has happened to the exploitation and overcatching of oysters. Menhaden are headed for the same fate

I have started discussions about this on my facebook page as well. The more avenues that these issues can be publicized in then the better in my opinion as we can make more people aware