PDA

View Full Version : Gauging a successful day

stripermania
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Sometimes I can spend 10 hours out on the water at not catch anything. I meet up with old friends or make some new ones. I would consider this a successful day even though I walked about catching nothing. How do you gauge a successful day of fishing?

Doublerunner
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm with you on this one. Catching is the icing on the cake. If you're with good people the rest is gravy

surfwalker
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I consider a successful day as one in which I can walk and cast repeatedly with the hope of hooking up. To not be pressed for time or have a time limit, but when I feel like quitting. Just enjoy the time there by what I really enjoy doing.

gjb1969
02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
just geting out on the water is a successful day to me the fish is iceing:thumbsup:

rip316
02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I agree with you guys. I have formed a new bond with certain people in my life. ( not my dad) and always have a great time being with them. There is a certain bond people share doing what they love to do together. I can not wait to hook up with you guys to fish and tell stories with. Did I mention I can't wait for spring. LOL.

Monty
02-06-2010, 09:08 PM
If my feet hit the sand, its a successful day.

surfstix1963
02-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Just being out there and meeting different people you can't gauge success on catching all the time I don't know how long you have been at it but you will learn to appreciate just being there.Nobody said it was easy and you can't let that discourage you.Sometimes I know nothings going to happen but the walk on the beach is kind of "In the words of the Eagles" Peaceful,Easy Feeling.

finchaser
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
If my feet hit the sand, its a successful day.

If my feet hit the floor it's a great day:Dcatching a fish or making a new friend makes it successful.

baitstealer
02-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Nothing better than making new fishing friends and catching fish. I call it successful day if I catch at least one fish.