PDA

View Full Version : Bunker stink

fishlipper
05-04-2008, 02:09 PM
If you have been fishing a lot lately, you can't avoid bunker. For right now, nothing comes close as kryptonite for the big fish that like to test our equipment. Down and dirty, there aren't many things that bring a fisherman closer to the reality of the process than chopping up the bunker, sticking on a hook, and throwing out the blood-soaked meat waiting for that strike.

The reality is that it's the smelliest fishing around, and there;s no avoiding it, at least not for me. You can bring your rags and fish towels, but I always end up wiping up my hands on my waders, get bunker blood in my mouth when using elastic to hold the guts inside the piece. Primal living at its best.

So who has bunker stink, and wears it like a man? http://www.stripersandanglers.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

BassBuddah
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Yup, do what ya gotta do to get that bass, bud, though I would rather plug or jug. :thumbsup:

fishinmission78
05-05-2008, 12:25 AM
I kinda like to take the fresh caught bunker or bluefish, cut for blood, rub it on my face like war paint. This works well if people watch when you're doing it. Keeps the googans away.:kooky:

dogfish
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
We call em pogies. don't mind the stink, the bloodier, fresher the better.

pescador29
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
One time I left them in a bucket for 2 days, forgot. :upck:

stripercrazy
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I grin and bear it, don't care if people like what I smell like or not. Bloody bunker, like crack. Problem is bluefish are hungry too. :(

cowherder
09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I like bunker stink.:bucktooth: With all the peanuts swimmng around, plugs don't always work. The cast net is your friend, even though I need a little practice.

plugcrazy
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I kinda like to take the fresh caught bunker or bluefish, cut for blood, rub it on my face like war paint. This works well if people watch when you're doing it. Keeps the googans away.:kooky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ttiwwop:

blitzhunter
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Mine biggest problem is the wife complains about the bunker stink in the vehicle. I love her :heart: but too bad, I have to wear it like a man!

plugaholic
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I kinda like to take the fresh caught bunker or bluefish, cut for blood, rub it on my face like war paint. This works well if people watch when you're doing it. Keeps the googans away.:kooky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ttiwwop:

:clapping::clapping::clapping: X2! I would love to see pics of that! I think it would help when those people come in and set up right next to you, even better if you had a video of it. Sort of like the "psychotic beach fisherman" series. I would definitely subscribe to that channel.:D

finchaser
06-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Wash your hands with toothpaste eliminates fish odor instantly

storminsteve
04-28-2014, 10:58 AM

Mine biggest problem is the wife complains about the bunker stink in the vehicle. I love her :heart: but too bad, I have to wear it like a man!

I saw madcaster was storing bunker in his pockets and thought of this. duuuude - old bunker smells worse than old pu***!:)

J Barbosa
04-28-2014, 11:06 AM
I usually carry a small cooler to stick my bunker in as I am snagging them. Its great because I cut my bunker up in there and you get this slimy and bloody bunker sauce at the bottom that the fish can't resist.

Bunker Sauce...I put that $h.t on everything!!!

I can't get rid of the stink in that cooler no matter how much bleach I use.

cowherder
04-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Bunker Sauce...I put that $h.t on everything!!!

Please don't say you put it on pasta and rice or mix with those delicious crabs you catch every summer.:scared: :HappyWave: