PDA

View Full Version : do any of you guys follow the bass migration in the spring?

baitstealer
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
For the early spring I have been going to the raritan bay area and fishing clams. Then I read that the fish come in earlier down in the south jersey places. I'm not looking for spots. I am just wondering if all you guys out there fish the same area no matter what time in the spring, or if you fish different parts of the state?

voyager35
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I do, from a boat. I trailer the boat down to Cape May in the earliest part. When action starts to heat up later, around April, I trailer to Raritan bay, and then back down to the Belmar area. If you don't want to burn a lot of fuel it makes sense. Fishing from shore, I wouldn't recommend you travel all the way to Cape May because the water is a little too shallow for the surf guys there. You could take a trip to the Brigatine area and fish some of the inlets and beaches 15 miles north and south of there. Pay attention to the fishing reports but most importantly the bait reports. Fish follow the large schools of bait in the spring. You want to be somewhere in the middle of that.

gjb1969
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
nope i dont when the bass show up i get them so i dont follow them:HappyWave: