PDA

View Full Version : surfday 2010 Lincroft NJ

rip316
02-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Any of you guys going to Surfday on the 20th in Lindcroft.:thumbsup::drool::drool::drool: I have never been but, heard it is very, very, interesting.

vpass
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm most likely going. It should be a good one.:thumbsup:

rip316
02-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm hoping on getting some info on where the best places the bass will be in March. I already have some places that have worked but, I will be looking for some serious insight from some of the best.

DarkSkies
02-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I will be looking for some serious insight from some of the best.

Get to know Rich Swiss. Memorize the color of his truck and the plate #. Follow him like a stalker, and you'll either get some bass or end up in jail for stalking. :laugh:

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal to figure out. The March bass will be winter stayovers from the Hudson and the Arthur Kill area. As the days get sunnier they'll move out onto the mud flats of the bay to look for worms and small food. Study the bay flats and creek outflows by looking at maps on Bing or Google maps. :learn:

I'll explain in more detail when we fish together, but basically it's about going to where they may likely be feeding, tossing snot at night after a series of a few sunny days, and you'll have a bass or 2.

rip316
02-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Rich I have never fished those areas in my life. I have been strictly a south guy. Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook, Pt. Pleasant. Manasquan River. I guess I am going to learn a lot from you and G. Hopefully we will be out soon enough.

DarkSkies
02-15-2010, 10:53 AM
^^There will be a test when you fish with us, Rip. I'm gonna ask you when we meet up if you did your homework and scouting. You need to tell us the 5 best Raritan bay spots you thought might be ok by searching on Google or Bing, based on my earlier clues on the flats and creeks.

If you can't come up with 5 (there are at least 10 easy to find ), we're only gonna take you to the Rahway river for striped bass. :laugh: ;)

So open up those maps and start studyin', you got 2 weeks to do your homework! :fishing:

Dreaminofishin
02-15-2010, 11:44 AM
DS don't forget me. I can help Rip study for the test or we could both cheat.

DarkSkies
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
As the days get sunnier they'll move out onto the mud flats of the bay to look for worms and small food. Study the bay flats and creek outflows by looking at maps on Bing or Google maps. :learn:

DS don't forget me. I can help Rip study for the test or we could both cheat.

Cmon guys ya gotta be willing to meet halfway, no? What I gave you above is a scout's road map. Good things come to those who work for em. Searching Google and Bing is so easy it should be illegal. :laugh:

Doesn't anyone remember how we used to have to scout new places before the internet? I remember those Rand Mcnally paper road maps. I had one for almost every county in NJ. I would scour those maps religiously for small out of the way freshwater ponds and saltwater feeder creeks when I wanted to learn a new area.

To me that was part of the challenge of fishing. I know you guys are just ball bustin, but you do get that it's so much easier now, right? The skills you acquire learning to read maps for shore structure will be something that you can transfer to any state along the Coast. I'm already showing you the path, for free, if you have the motivation to learn. :D

So go do your homework, there will be a test. I'm serious. :thumbsup:

gjb1969
02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
ok guys we will see i was looking around the other day i am going nuts this cold is to much i mite try something get some shrimp and use my hand line for white perch and ling it worked on the hudson i need some good weather:burn: i hope u guys can handle going from place to place when not on a boat

rip316
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I can go wherever you want to. Love to walk. Let's go already. I wont be putting my boat in until late april early Mayso walking it'll be.