PDA

View Full Version : would you keep more?

skinner
02-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Once you start paying for the Saltwater license would you keep more fish?

Monty
02-19-2010, 05:34 PM
No, I only keep a few fish each year. One has no influence on the other to me.

Frankiesurf
02-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Definitely not.

You bring up a good point though. There may be some who do to be vindictive to the government. Those are the not so bright ones who only hurt themselves in the long run.

finchaser
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
no way,they aren't going to buy us more fish with the money they collect:huh:

fishinmission78
02-19-2010, 06:42 PM
You bring up a good point though. There may be some who do to be vindictive to the government.

There are already a few guys who do that at IBSP. They justify it because of the fee for a yearly ORV pass, that they can catch short and extra bass. They have a big cooler on the front rack for the official fish and a small cooler hidden inside for the short fish. I have been close enough to hear some of these tools say they deserve the fish because of the fees they pay. I don't expect it will be any different when guys have to shell out more buxx for the license.

gjb1969
02-19-2010, 06:53 PM
no good:beatin::burn: that kind of stuff is no good

vpass
02-19-2010, 07:27 PM
No, I won't keep more because it cost more to fish. It might force me to fish more. :d

surfwalker
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
No, I won't keep more fish. That license is not an excuse to justify taking more fish.

plugcrazy
02-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Catch and Release is the way to go in order to preserve the fish. If everyone looked at it that way then in a few years they would all be depleted.

Hemi
02-20-2010, 11:34 PM
i would not
i keep dinner if i feel like eating fish
1 fish here another there
i do not enjoy eating frozen fish
so im not saven nothing either

nitestrikes
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Catch and Release is the way to go in order to preserve the fish. If everyone looked at it that way then in a few years they would all be depleted.

I don't always agree with that, we should be able to eat fish if we want to. Otherwise what's the point. I do agree that there are people who take more of a resource because they have to pay.

Look at a buffet at a diner for example, all you can eat. How many people do you know who will go to a buffet and only have one plate? Most of the people I know will have 2 or 3. I know guys with boats who say, "it cost me $200 for my trip on the water today, and I'm filling my cooler with fish." Thats ok if the fish are legal, but I have been on head boat trips where guys keep shorts. They say they paid for them because the trip costs so much. I think that is human nature, and skinner isn't too far off the mark. I don't know if he is a guy who would do this or not, but I know a few who do it regularly.

Pebbles
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't shoot me guys for this :eek: but I have only caught one small striper which was last year. This is in all my years of fishing. I have to honestly say if I caught a big striper I would probably bring it home. Sorry, how could I not show it off to my kids and my dad? Pictures are good but the actual thing is more impressive. I promise you if I were to ever catch another I would throw it back.