PDA

View Full Version : we never want to be without

7deadlyplugs
02-21-2010, 07:28 PM
As serious fishermen, we never want to be without the tackle we need. To make sure this does not happen I would think that we bring way to much with us. I am looking to cut down. This year I want to bring more of the "must have." I do a lot of fishing at night and in the early morning hours. I want to keep my black plugs since I have had much success with them. What other colors do you guys recommend I be take along? I was thinging that white and yellow would also be good.

rip316
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
yellow, white, green, chartreuse, red heads white bodies, and for night black and blurple.

surfstix1963
02-22-2010, 05:37 AM
One of the few things I remember from science is the light spectrum & I still remember the order by which it was taught to me.
ROYGBIV= red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo and violet when these colors mix you get white
I was on a site awhile back I don't remember which one but I took some notes that were interesting to me.
@ 10 ft. Red is gone Orange is almost gone and Yellow is fading
@ 35 ft. Orange is gone and Yellow is quickly disappearing
@ 75 ft. Yellow starts to appear a greenish blue & the only visible colors are Blue,Indigo and violet
@150 ft. blue & indigo are hard to see and violet is disappearing
@ a couple hundred ft. ultraviolet light is the only thing that is seen and is not detected by the human eye.
So quite honestly I don't really know if this helps answer the ? or helps anybody out. Although white is good at any depth up to a couple hundred ft. The only thing I do know from experience is blue,black and a deep purple w/some silver flash or any combo of that is good on a dark night.I like red tight to the beach w/ stained water and chartreuse or another shade of green when the water is a clean green,if it is bright light out during the day I like flourescent colors mainly pearl white,pink and a parrot type color.:huh::d