PDA

View Full Version : park fees rolled back to 2008

7deadlyplugs
02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Steve Levy rolled back the park fees to 2008 prices.

BROOKHAVEN – Seeking to keep tourist and recreational dollars in the county, Suffolk Executive Steve Levy announced that an array of fees for Suffolk beach parking, camping, boating, golfing and horseback riding will be restored to 2008 levels beginning in mid-March.

Last year, the county legislature approved a resolution to implement the fee increases and fund the financially distressed Vanderbilt Museum in Centerport. As a result, 2009 fee hikes included a 16.5 percent increase in Green Key Cards and an 18 percent increase in Green Key Cards for senior citizens; 18-to-20 percent increases in camping fees; outer beach RV permit hikes ranging from 16.5 percent to 20 percent; camping fee increases of 18 to 20 percent; golfing fee hikes of 10 to 16 percent, and picnic and event fee escalations of 40-to-50 percent.

“I was very pleased to submit a Recommended Operating Budget for 2010 that allowed these fee hikes to sunset, and to restore fees to their 2008 levels,” said Levy at a news conference in the Southaven County Park lodge in Brookhaven. “Our hard-working residents have for years contributed tax dollars that have helped create a parks system that is second to none, and there is no better time to give something back than when the national economy is forcing our residents to make difficult spending decisions.”

In addition to the parks fees rollback, Levy announced the implementation of free Wi-Fi Internet service at Southaven County Park. The new offering allows park users to take advantage of the Internet as a platform for accessing music and movies, as well as e-mail and any number of entertainment services. The service, which is expected to be made available at additional county parks later this year, is an extension of Suffolk’s network and is accessible via computers that have a Wi-Fi card or cell phones that have Internet connectivity.

rockhopper
02-25-2010, 08:17 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

surfstix1963
03-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Steve has always been a standup political figure on L.I. more than I can say about most of them the man will actually speak to you and not treat you like an idiot.I hope he gets what he is pursuing and I also hope we get someone decent to replace him if he does.