PDA

View Full Version : fishing who gets the credit?

stripermania
02-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Not everyone has a dad to take them fishing and teach them the in and outs. How did you learn and who would you give thanks and credit to?

RI Popper
02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
The one person who has taught me more than anyone else would have to be Capt. Mike Neto. we fished a lot together years ago and he taught me a lot.:D

surfstix1963
02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
My grandfather has taught me very much he lived on the water and I stayed w/them every summer had a blast fishing crabbing clamming going to grab some mussels with the rowboat the water was clean then.Then as I got a little older around 8 he put an 18 horse evinrude on the rowboat and that was just the greatest thing my own boat damn that thing flew. I was gone from morning till just before dark had to be home (no cell phones)and also went w/him on his boat fluking and my cousin started taking me offshore w/ his boat. Besides family countless people along the way capt.s,mates & just everyday people. And here I am now surfcasting wouldn't own a boat if you gave it to me thats what charters are for if I get the itch for boat fishing I'll go get on one and go, I still enjoy it once in awhile. I think my serious boat fishing is over.