PDA

View Full Version : How to: Epoxy P-Nut Bunker

surfstix1963
02-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Heres an epoxy one I like to use when the p-nuts are around.Some pics may be a little blurry I suck at taking pics and tying at the same time.

surfstix1963
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
A couple more and we are done.
7:This is when the stick on eyes go on.
8:Mix a couple of drops of epoxy I used 5 min for the demo I usually use 30 min.and put a very light coat of epoxy on to hold things together buy some $ store brushes because they are a one time use.
9:After that I put it on the spinner I built for my plugs and teasers to dry it helps when using 30 min. epoxy.It is a very basic setup compared to others but it works.
Have Fun.

surfstix1963
02-26-2010, 07:52 AM
This is my basic bare bones spinner when I can use real tools again I'll do something better but this works.

DarkSkies
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Nice setup and tutorial Surfstix. :thumbsup:
I noticed the Paulie's sticker too.;)

williehookem
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for sharing, surfstix.

surfstix1963
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Good people at Paulies.:thumbsup:And your welcome.

surfstix1963
02-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Maybe the how to's will kick the flytying forum in the butt a little pick up the pace some.

Monty
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice, I went out today and bought some eyes to add to my deceivers. That will be a first for me, seeing your stuff kind of pushed me to start adding them :thumbsup:

surfstix1963
02-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah Monty they just never seen done until the eyes are on.Hows the other material if you need more remember just ask the ones I sent were just small samples of the colors.:HappyWave:

Monty
02-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Surfstix, Thanks for all the material (and tied ones!).
I did this one up (work is getting in the way of fun) and was going to put it in water and see what the material did. Do you think deer tail mixed in the center with this material enhances it? This stuff is great to work with (looking forward to using it). Also this is the first time I have ever put eyes on them.

Yeah Monty they just never seen done until the eyes are on.Hows the other material if you need more remember just ask the ones I sent were just small samples of the colors.:HappyWave:

surfstix1963
03-01-2010, 05:28 AM
W/ that material some bucktail in the middle actually helps support it some.When I tie long sandeels or reg.eels I tie in a mono loop for support the only problem w/tying long is it tends to wrap around itself sometimes I carry a small comb to brush it out if it gets twisted up.Nice job they don't really compact when wet too much and lose that big profile.

I just take a pc. of 30lb. mono make a small loop and tie it down the shank and try and make the loop sit straight if the mono doesn't cooperate heat up a small knife and lightly heat the loop and shape it the way you want just leave some room by the eye for your head.

Then you can just tie your teaser the way you normally would, I don't know if you can see the loop supporting the material but its there when everything is done it shouldn't want to slide off the loop it should all mesh together I only do this when I tie real long profiles.

surfstix1963
03-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Monty this is what that material looks like wet.The top searobin is BT the one beneath is the other material also the chart and herring are that material.I haven't fished them to see what kind of action yet.

Monty
03-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Surfstix,
Thanks for the info, I'll put it in water this comming weekend and will tie one with the bucktail and compare. By your pics, it looks like the hair stays pretty organized. Was real easy to tie with.

speedy
05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Monty this is what that material looks like wet.The top searobin is BT the one beneath is the other material also the chart and herring are that material.I haven't fished them to see what kind of action yet.

surfstix very nice tying forum:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clap ping::clapping: thank you for the info :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

surfstix1963
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
your welcome hope it helps out Speedy.

speedy
05-18-2010, 08:56 PM
surfstix i will give it a try that loop trick is a good one thanks.