PDA

View Full Version : NJMFC Meeting March 4th 2010 4pm

cowherder
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
got this in a NJ Fish and wildlife e-mail.
The public was invited to attend and make comments at this open meeting.

Division of Fish and Wildlife
P. O. Box 400
Trenton, NJ 08625-0400
David Chanda, Director
Visit our Website: njfishandwildlife.com

Honorable Kim Guadagno
Secretary of State
State House – P.O. Box 300
Trenton, New Jersey 08625

Dear Secretary Guadagno:

The next meeting of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:00 p.m. at the Toms River Township Office, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753 in the L. Manuel Hirshblond Room.* The agenda to the extent known at this time is as follows:

Roll Call
Compliance with Sunshine Law
Approval of Minutes for January 7, 2010
Enforcement Report
Legislative Report
Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Report
Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council Report
Shellfish Council Report
Committee Reports
2009 Regulatory Proposal Update
2010 Recreational Measures for Weakfish, Summer Flounder, Black Sea Bass, Scup and Commercial Measures for Weakfish
Old Business
New Business
Public Comment
Date of Next Meeting May 13, 2010 (Galloway Twp. Library)

Under the authority N.J.S.A. 13:1B-30 et. seq., this letter is to comply with P.L. 1975, c. 231, and enclosed is one copy for filing and one copy for posting.

Sincerely,

David Chanda
Director

Newark Star Ledger, State House, Trenton, New Jersey
The Press (Atlantic City), State House, Trenton, New Jersey

bababooey
02-27-2010, 08:41 PM
The next meeting of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:00 p.m. at the Toms River Township Office, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753 in the L. Manuel Hirshblond Room.* The agenda to the extent known at this time is as follows:
2010 Recreational Measures for Weakfish, Summer Flounder, Black Sea Bass, Scup and Commercial Measures for Weakfish

This is where the action will be at in terms of the issues that face most of us, folks. The meeting is conveniently located in Tom's River. I hope some people here can try to make it.

Duskydaze
02-28-2010, 06:20 AM
This is where the action will be at in terms of the issues that face most of us, folks. The meeting is conveniently located in Tom's River. I hope some people here can try to make it.

I will be there!

buckethead
02-28-2010, 07:31 AM
I wonder if our site reporter is going to be there. He seems to have a new title scouter/reporter. How about it Dark?

DarkSkies
02-28-2010, 07:45 AM
I will be there!

Aren't you that guy who says he's going to the meeting and really goes fishin instead? ;) :HappyWave:

finchaser
02-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I will be there!

Your the best:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
03-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I wonder if our site reporter is going to be there. He seems to have a new title scouter/reporter. How about it Dark?

I could be just like Killie and wait for the actual report from Finchaser. ;) :HappyWave: I'm getting a new cell phone battery this week. :d

That day is a late work day for me, where I usually push my work from other days if I run out of time. After talking to a few people, I'm gonna see if I can get there though I might only make half the meeting.

It really is a good chance for guys to see fisheries meetings up close and personal. The fluke sizes will be discussed, some stuff about weakfish, etc. To me that stuff is interesting, and the decisions made from there will impact our fishing this season.

If anyone out there is on the fence about this, this would be a great intro meeting to get yourself on board to learning more about why they make the decisions they do. :thumbsup:

gjb1969
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
well this is were we find out what the damage will be for the year lets just hope its not a death blow for some

bababooey
03-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Roll Call
Compliance with Sunshine Law
Approval of Minutes for January 7, 2010
Enforcement Report
Legislative Report
Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Report
Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council Report
Shellfish Council Report
Committee Reports
2009 Regulatory Proposal Update
Old Business
New Business
Public Comment
Date of Next Meeting May 13, 2010 (Galloway Twp. Library)

Bump for the meeting which is tomorrow at 4pm folks.

hookset
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I will be there!

IThat day is a late work day for me, where I usually push my work from other days if I run out of time. After talking to a few people, I'm gonna see if I can get there though I might only make half the meeting.

It really is a good chance for guys to see fisheries meetings up close and personal. The fluke sizes will be discussed, some stuff about weakfish, etc. To me that stuff is interesting, and the decisions made from there will impact our fishing this season.

Hey I already read the regs that finchaser posted about the fluke, but did any of you guys go to that meeting? I would like to hear a little more about the other things discussed if someone would care to share, thanks.

Duskydaze
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Besides fluke, several other issues were covered. Weakfish regs for rec fishermen are extreme; 1 fish @ 13". Sea bass is still up in the air. The only certainty with sea bass is 25 fish @ 12.5 inches. The ASMFC will set the season when they finally get the wave 5 data. This could affect the length of our season. Very low landings for wave 5 (they should be low considering 1/2 the wave was shut down) and perhaps a longer season. Sea bass are regulated coastwide so all of the states governed by ASMFC will have the same regs for sea bass. As far as sharks, NJ continues to be out of compliance so as of now, sharks are shut down.
One interesting note was the motion by Ed Goldman (NJMFC member) for the NJMFC to send a letter to Senator Menendez and Senator Lautenburg in support of Senator Schumer's bill to ad flexibility into the MSA. There was supposed to be a discussion of the RSA (research set aside) permits and that was bypassed I feel because our state does not want to deal with it. Supposedly it will be brought up at the next meeting. Stay tuned.

Pebbles
03-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the report. It is good to know that someone has us covered if some of us can't get there.