PDA

View Full Version : Warnings about the census

DarkSkies
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Like having a microscope up your butt? :eek:
I don't.

Do you believe gov't has the absolute right to know every detail of your life? :2flip:
I don't.

Do you know that you have legal rights in this country to decline to give out certain details about you or your life?
I do. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Sent in by Finchaser, thanks!

RsDhkPym01k

A great quote from the video:

"Virtually every Gov't database has been hacked, broken into, or had its data security compromised at one time or other"

Remember that people.

Frankiesurf
02-27-2010, 11:32 PM
The Census is NOT done every year as Mr Paranoid is stating. They do NOT ask you anything more personal than basic information about who lives in the house what your age, race and phone number (in case of missing or incomplete information) are.

You ARE required by law to give accurate information.

That guy is a kook.

Here is the Census Bureau Link (http://2010.census.gov)

DarkSkies
02-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Do you believe gov't has the absolute right to know every detail of your life? :2flip:
I don't.

Do you know that you have legal rights in this country to decline to give out certain details about you or your life?
I do. :thumbsup:

The Census is NOT done every year as Mr Paranoid is stating. They do NOT ask you anything more personal than basic information about who lives in the house what your age, race and phone number (in case of missing or incomplete information) are.

You ARE required by law to give accurate information.

That guy is a kook.

He may be a kook. You may be right on that point, Frankie. Like most guys, I didn't watch the whole video, just skimmed through it. :d :HappyWave:

I agree with the point that we give up entirely too much info to gov't and other organizations. I'm going to give accurate info if asked.

It's the same with being stopped by police. One time I was stopped and they made us get out and searched the truck. Turns out they were looking for people other than us who did something minutes before, and my truck matched the profile of the perps. So in that case I willingly complied, you don't need to get into issues when guns are drawn. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif ;)

Still, I feel we as citizens are willing to give up our rights too easily. At airports, I again willingly give up those rights because terrorists have screwed that up for us, and I feel safer flying if they continue with those checks and searches.

However, we've become a nation of sheep in many areas. We do things because our government says we have to. We don't question or protest things that we don't agree with, many just go along.

Some of that has even happened with our fishing laws, but I digress from the topic at hand.

That's the part I don't agree with. :kooky:

Frankiesurf
02-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Police searching your truck because "it matched the description" is the oldest trick in the book.

I had a '68 Nova that was four different colors and had cherry bombs on it. I heard that excuse quite a few times. I had nothing to hide so I let them but they couldn't find a better excuse? That car matched no other car on the road in the nation.

i bd fossil
03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I can see how important the info we give is. I just went to the census site and entered my zip code. The map brought me to a different town and state..WTH :don't know why:

DarkSkies
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I can see how important the info we give is. WTH :don't know why:

That's our tax dollars at work, fossil. :burn:
How have ya been? :HappyWave:
You guys getting ready to start fishin down there yet?

skinner
03-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I understand the fact that it helps provide federal aid for your town. The people should be drawing the line as to what they do and don't answer.

surfstix1963
03-25-2010, 05:22 AM
How many people live there thats it.

Doublerunner
03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I learned a long time ago that if the government is asking you questions then it's not to help you. As far as I'm concerned they have their fingers into too much of my pie ( you'll like that analogy Frankie ). I mean seriously we're talking the government here. If they want to know the size of my house and how many people live here then I am sure they could find out in a heartbeat without spending 50 million dollars to conduct a census