PDA

View Full Version : Report: 2-27-10 Blue mountain fish and game Sportsman Flea Market

DarkSkies
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Feb.
2010 Blue Mountain Fish and Game
Type of Event: Sportsman Flea Market
Event Date(s): 02/27/2010
Event Time(s): 9:00am-2:00 pm
Admission: $3:00
Address: 4190 Wood Drive
Walnutport, PA 18088
Email: hesstory@hotmail.com (hesstory@hotmail.com)
Phone: 610-767-2815

Vendor Info: Contact for table information

Additional Info:

Vendors wanted. Tables are $15.00 for a 6 foot table and $20.00 for an 8 foot table. Since this is our first free market, upon set-up, vendor fees will be returned so your table is FREE. Early bird admission $5.00 from 8:00 am till8:45 with regular admission of $3.00 after 9:00 am. Vendors can set up as early as 5:00 am.
Directions:
Take route 248 to intersection with Route 946, take 946 east for about 2 miles, Wood Drive is to the right, travel about 1 1/2 miles and club is on the left

DarkSkies
02-27-2010, 10:52 PM
I wasn't able to make this fishing flea market today to do a full report.

However, I was able to do a phone interview with the man in charge, Keith Hess.

I wanted to check it out, as it was the first year they were having it. For a maiden undertaking, they said it was a rousing success. :clapping:

How could it not be, they refunded the table money to the vendors just for showing up. Brilliant marketing idea, and it proved to be a very successful way to get people to come. :fishing:

They were willing to take a chance on an untested location, and from the reviews I heard, they were glad they did. Around 50 vendors showed up for today's successful outing.

An early indicator of the demand is that 75 people were willing to pay extra to get in as "early bird" admissions. While a lot of those people are usually collectors of some sort, it still indicated a high degree of interest.

And the rest of the day went well, according to Keith. He said that attendance exceeded their initial expectations, and they were very happy with the robust turnout. :lookhappy:

They're all looking forward to next year which they hope will be an even better story after people get the word out about this fishing flea market.

The best thing about today was that people got a chance to

"shake the cobwebs of Winter off, get out and stretch their legs, and get some good deals on new and used fishing gear and equipment."

I hope to get over there next year, Keith, and thanks for the candid info. :thumbsup:

Best of luck!