PDA

View Full Version : What is a surfcaster?

surfstix1963
02-28-2010, 05:21 AM
A surfcaster is someone that goes around with determination in his eyes and usually a hook in the back of their waders,we are usually good for a sense of humor:d but bad for your sense of smell.:eek:

Surfcasters come in all sizes... but our stories are always of the tall nature.

A surfcaster will carry 30 lbs. of gear,so we can use every lure known to man to catch a 5 lb. fish.

A surfcaster will spend all day or all night trying to catch a fish and will spend all day or night talking about "The one that got away":don't know why:

We have Patience & Dedication & also an imagination that could qualify us for the Guinness Book of World Records.:rolleyes:

And at the end of a trip battered and bruised,holding a fish that costed $20 a lb. to catch and $8 a lb. to buy:don't know why: we sit back in our smelly waders open a beer... :plastered:

And again wait for the words that stir our souls.

"GONE FISHIN":fishing::d

buckethead
02-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Couldn't describe it any better.:clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
02-28-2010, 07:42 AM
A surfcaster is someone that goes around with determination in his eyes and usually a hook in the back of their waders,we are usually good for a sense of humor:d but bad for your sense of smell.:eek:

Surfcasters come in all sizes... but our stories are always of the tall nature.

I can definitely identify with the bad sense of smell. Or, maybe our smell sometimes becomes so overpowering, we kind of adjust and ignore it.

A corollary to the "stories" one is that the fish we lost becomes bigger every time we tell the story...:d

Good one, Surfstix, I enjoyed that. :HappyWave:

stripercrazy
02-28-2010, 08:51 AM
:clapping: Awesome and funny too!

DarkSkies
08-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Thought I would bring surfstix's prose up as well.....:HappyWave: