PDA

View Full Version : NJ fishing reports for March 2010

DarkSkies
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
AI - Absecon Inlet
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
CMR - Cape May Rips
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Well the first keeper was caught last night in S Jersey, guys and girls. The guy said he didn't catch it in warm water, cool catch, and :clapping::clapping: to Chris for working a jig to get those fish, the one keeper and 2 shorts. :thumbsup:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10180&thumb=1&d=1267475854 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10180&d=1267475854)

It's over Johnny. The first keeper was caught at 3am in South Jersey somewhere. The guy caught 3 bass starting at 2am. The first were smaller, the keeper was 29", caught at 3am.

He weighed it in at Absecon B&T, got his $200 gift certificate.
http://www.abseconbay.com/abseconbay/main.html

He said he caught it on rubber. :thumbsup:

Congrats Chris McIntee for being the first to catch a 2010 NJ bass in cold water. :clapping::clapping:

jigfreak
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
nucular fish

voyager35
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice catch.:clapping:

captnemo
03-03-2010, 08:20 AM
It's good to see guys are getting out there and finding fish.

bababooey
03-03-2010, 07:44 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: for the first bass of the year!

wish4fish
03-05-2010, 07:24 PM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10180&thumb=1&d=1267475854 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10180&d=1267475854)

dude! that is a nice fish at least he was out there. we were out this morning in the back on the incoming 5-7am, the water was cold but we had fresh clams from reno thanks for the heads up dark. we got one bump that was it, dark u should return my texts and come hang wit us it aint that bad i think fish are around but only a few or we wud of had more taps. oh well next time.:skunk:

buckethead
03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I fished a spot in the back of this morning from 6-9a. I used clams and bloodworms. There were a few other guys there. None of us got anything. It was still a nice morning to be out.

wish4fish
03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
out waay in the back, near grass, water ok, sunny, clams, :skunk:

jigfreak
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Last night, back water, jigging rubber, 1/2 oz head. Conditions were perfect, no fish. A few more degrees should be the ticket.

rip316
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Left the house at 2:30 pm. Wanted to fish as the sun was setting. Hit a local b&t shop for bait. Are you kidding me $11.99 for bloods. Grabbed the sands instead and a half dozen clams. Arrived at my area without a single soul insight. Fished until dark with one hit. Little tap tap, got excited and yanked a little premature. Reeled in to discover the bottom of my worm was missing. Only hit I had. Felt great to get out there for the first time. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OUT THERE AGAIN. Equipment worked fine.:HappyWave::thumbsup:

Swiss
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
First trip out last night, I've been to busy with all the shows to get out any sooner. Did about as well as I expected, SKUNKED ! 3 of us and no one even had a tap.

The water temp.s are good to go, I personally think there is much more to the whole thing them just water temp. I have caught many bass in water colder then it is now, later in March, and I'm sure we will again this year. The fish that are in the bay right now, are no different then, any other creatures in nature. when nature tells them it's time to go up and feed, then they go almost regardless of the temps. Much the same as deer in the woods go into Rut a certain time of the year regardless of temp. The temp. will dictate how strong the rut is and how long throughout the day the deer will chase each other, but they will go into rut weather the temps are 70 or 20 degrees, much the same as the Geese flying south for the winter, when it's time it's time. It's a nature thing and we can try to figure it all out, and put ourselves in the best position possible to catch fish on any given day, but just when you think you have it all figured out, Mother nature will throw you a curve ball and we strike out once again :embarassed: . But that is what keeps me going and learning all the time.

I feel very confident from reading through my log books from the past 10 years, that we will be putting some fish on the beach by the end of this week. It appears that this happens within the same few days every year without fail, regardless of water temp., which is the point I was trying to make with the above paragraph.

So keep your heads up boy's, The Game is about to begin, any day now !!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I figured it was my first one, so I'd give some of my insight to this point ;) !

Good Luck, Swiss

rip316
03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Swiss, I just wanted to say that i was at Surfday and thought that your seminar was great. I learned a lot which was why I went. I did not go to buy tackle, I went to learn. My interest in fishing grows each day. Thanks. I was actually fishing your way Sunday from 3 until dark. One bite was it. Maybe I'll see ya out there.

Jimmy

wish4fish
03-09-2010, 10:35 PM
hay swiss is in the house! now we know the bass will be rolling in i hope u guys find them. i was out from 5-8 tonight with fresh clams, one soft tap, no fish the water and the night were perfect any day now!

DarkSkies
03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
First trip out last night, I've been to busy with all the shows to get out any sooner. Did about as well as I expected, SKUNKED ! 3 of us and no one even had a tap.

The water temp.s are good to go, I personally think there is much more to the whole thing them just water temp. I have caught many bass in water colder then it is now, later in March, and I'm sure we will again this year. The fish that are in the bay right now, are no different then, any other creatures in nature. when nature tells them it's time to go up and feed, then they go almost regardless of the temps. Much the same as deer in the woods go into Rut a certain time of the year regardless of temp. The temp. will dictate how strong the rut is and how long throughout the day the deer will chase each other, but they will go into rut weather the temps are 70 or 20 degrees, much the same as the Geese flying south for the winter, when it's time it's time. It's a nature thing and we can try to figure it all out, and put ourselves in the best position possible to catch fish on any given day, but just when you think you have it all figured out, Mother nature will throw you a curve ball and we strike out once again :embarassed: . But that is what keeps me going and learning all the time.

I feel very confident from reading through my log books from the past 10 years, that we will be putting some fish on the beach by the end of this week. It appears that this happens within the same few days every year without fail, regardless of water temp., which is the point I was trying to make with the above paragraph.

So keep your heads up boy's, The Game is about to begin, any day now !!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I figured it was my first one, so I'd give some of my insight to this point ;) !

Good Luck, Swiss

I have a feeling you guys will pull a nice bass or 2 any day now if you didn't already do it last night. You and the Swiss crew are the fishermen that are out there night after night, hitting it hard. I remember one night last spring, wind was blowing 25mph, cold NW, air temps near the bay were in the high 30's. And you guys were out there bailing fish. :thumbsup:

Always nice to hear from ya Swiss, welcome aboard. :HappyWave:

cowherder
03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Great reports guys. At least you are getting out there instead of talking about it. I hope to be out there this weekend.

Swiss
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Swiss, I just wanted to say that i was at Surfday and thought that your seminar was great. I learned a lot which was why I went. I did not go to buy tackle, I went to learn. My interest in fishing grows each day. Thanks. I was actually fishing your way Sunday from 3 until dark. One bite was it. Maybe I'll see ya out there.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy,

It was fun to do. Hope to do more in the future. Glad you got something out of it !!!

Good luck out there, Don't be shy in this blow, creatures will be stiring, between now and the weekend, I can fell it in my blood ;) !!!

See Ya out there , Swiss

Swiss
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
hay swiss is in the house! now we know the bass will be rolling in i hope u guys find them. i was out from 5-8 tonight with fresh clams, one soft tap, no fish the water and the night were perfect any day now!

Ha Ha, I hope so bro,

Nothing again last night, one of my buds thought he had a tug at least. I have a funny feeling tonight will be a different :D ! GIVE ME SOME GOOD EAST/NORTHEAST WIND........PLEASE !!!

Any tide now boys :dribble:, see ya, Swiss

storminsteve
03-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Ha Ha, I hope so bro,

Nothing again last night, one of my buds thought he had a tug at least. I have a funny feeling tonight will be a different :D ! GIVE ME SOME GOOD EAST/NORTHEAST WIND........PLEASE !!!

Any tide now boys :dribble:, see ya, Swiss

Wow Swiss, good to see you here welcome aboard!:HappyWave:
I see you are out already. I went out last night first trip of the season, 5-10 pm, outgoing tide. I got a small 18" bass on fresh clams within 15 minutes at the top of the tide, nothing for the rest of the time after that. I was fishing a bay, in the back. A few other very slight taps. I was holding the rod but no hookups. I was using a small circle hook 5/0 with a fishfinder and one oz sinker. Those taps kept me out there. I'm thinking they must be flounder. In all it was a great night to be out, hardly anyone else out there.

I have seen you and the seminars and the St Croix booth at the shows Swiss. Got to shake your hand this year for the first time though you seem to have a legendary reputation. I wish you a successful season and hope to run into you out there one night. Look forward to your posts.

surferman
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I fished the bay this morning from 5-7a, tide was going out. One light hit on a clam rig.

Swiss
03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow Swiss, good to see you here welcome aboard!:HappyWave:
I see you are out already. I went out last night first trip of the season, 5-10 pm, outgoing tide. I got a small 18" bass on fresh clams within 15 minutes at the top of the tide, nothing for the rest of the time after that. I was fishing a bay, in the back. A few other very slight taps. I was holding the rod but no hookups. I was using a small circle hook 5/0 with a fishfinder and one oz sinker. Those taps kept me out there. I'm thinking they must be flounder. In all it was a great night to be out, hardly anyone else out there.

I have seen you and the seminars and the St Croix booth at the shows Swiss. Got to shake your hand this year for the first time though you seem to have a legendary reputation. I wish you a successful season and hope to run into you out there one night. Look forward to your posts.

Thanks Bud, Not sure I'm legendary, I have a LONG way to go for that LOL !!! But My Passion has me putting in a lot of time, and I enjoy learning everything I can about the whole thing. I like to think I'm more of a student.

You should feel very good about catching one the other night, i have two nights invested and haven't even had a tap yet, so anyone that has caught a bass in the bay already is way ahead of me :plastered: and cheers to ya !!! I will be putting in some serious time tonight, and plan on putting my first one on the beach tonight. This is the weather that I have been waiting for.

I'll let Ya'll know how it goes.

Good Luck, Swiss

jigfreak
03-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Fished OC in the back, 2-6 this morning. One runt bass around 19" on a 1/2 oz jig and white rubber.

rip316
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Nice job.

Swiss
03-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh how I love when a plan comes together ! The weather got ugly and the fish came up to feed. Yamo, Alto, Scottie and myself stuck it out in that nasty East blow and were well rewarded for our efforts.

I had 8 bass myself 5 of which were keepers, from 28 inches to 17 pounds. We put 15 fish on the beach, and Alto had to leave the bite early so he could be coherent at work this moring. It was not a killer bite just slow and steady through out both tides. Fish are still very lethargic, and soft biting for the most part. All fish were caught on clams, with steelhead rods, 2 oz fish finder rigs, in waist deep water. I hope this is a good indication of a GREAT season. I think this bite will die for a few days with all the rain we will get over the next few day's, but atleast we know they are thinking about coming up to feed, so when the conditions are right again, it should be GAME ON !!!

Good Luck, Swiss

fishinmission78
03-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Nice job Swiss and welcome to S&A. Way to keep at it and get it done.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

cowherder
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I had 8 bass myself 5 of which were keepers, from 28 inches to 17 pounds. We put 15 fish on the beach, and Alto had to leave the bite early so he could be coherent at work this moring. It was not a killer bite just slow and steady through out both tides. Fish are still very lethargic, and soft biting for the most part. All fish were caught on clams, with steelhead rods, 2 oz fish finder rigs, in waist deep water.Good Luck, Swiss

Wow great report way to go!:thumbsup: :wow:

DarkSkies
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
wtg, Swiss and crew. You all put in some long hours for those fish, well-deserved. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

yukon
03-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Nice report Rich...:thumbsup: Looking forward to crossing paths tomorrow at the NJF show. Assuming you'll be there.

DarkSkies
03-12-2010, 06:56 PM
He should be Yukon, :HappyWave: he's listed as one of the speakers.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=6191

yukon
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
:d Thanks Dark. I figured as much. Hope to see ya there.

wish4fish
03-12-2010, 07:59 PM
holy **** swiss dude 17lbs is a nice spring fish. u dudes put in your time you nailed those fish hope to see u out there one night after the rain, thanks for the report!:lookhappy::fishing:

Swiss
03-12-2010, 08:41 PM
The old body don't recover like it used to ;) . Had a ball last night, would be out tonight but had to watch my three kids while Momma is at a school fund raiser.

I think you could still have some fun on this front, but by tomorrow things should get bad out there. Probably better off, tomorrow will be a long day at the show, seminars and cast Net demo's, question and answer sessions. Should be fun. Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks EVERYONE for making me feel right at home here on this site. Seems like a cool place with some GOOD people. :HappyWave:

Talk to ya soon, Swiss

Swiss
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
holy **** swiss dude 17lbs is a nice spring fish. u dudes put in your time you nailed those fish hope to see u out there one night after the rain, thanks for the report!:lookhappy::fishing:

Yeah Wish, No Doubt !!! We weighed in 4 bass, between 4 of us an 11.5, 14, 15, and 17 pound bass in at the T-Box in Hazlett. I needed some fish for my family, they have been waiting for it, and the cold water Bass are the best of the year. I won't be killin very many more over the course of the year but I took my two last night and two other guy's took one each. I caught 8 bass last night, and 4 or 5 of them were keeper sized fish. Very Good for this early in the spring, I hope it's a sign of things to come this season !

Good Luck, Swiss

rip316
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Congrats. Really happy for you. Good luck at the show. I will definately make it next year.

gjb1969
03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
congrats on the fish guys i am still getting the skunk:skunk: but its ok

LennyD
03-13-2010, 10:26 AM
nice job Swiss, im eager to get out, but i have a huge project in my house, wanna finish it before the "BIG ONES" arrive!

Congrats again!

cowherder
03-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Congratulations on the fish guys!!:clapping::clapping::plastered::fishing:

storminsteve
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Fished the back of RB this morning, 6 to 7 am. The water was like chocolate milk, seaweed, paper. and plastic everywhere. Fished fresh clams because I had to get out there. Not even a tap. After I packed it in I drove around the bay. There is so much destruction in some areas it looks like a tornado swept through. The Spy House pier is chopped in half. Lots of debris all over and the edge of the parking lot is gone. :scared:

rip316
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I will be giving that area a shot early Wed. Weathers looking good and it should be cleaned up by then. Would love to hook up with someone to learn or teach a little.

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Pebbles and I hit the back bay for a few hours tonight. There's a lot of damage in places, some areas look like war zones with the numerous large 8x8" huge bulkhead timbers and 16" tree trunks laying on the beach.

Had some trouble getting clams, got the chowder clams from the supermarket, nice size.

We fished from 7:45-9:45pm, last of the flood, part of the ebb. At first the wind was gusty, over 20mph. Then it slowed down a bit. Bay was very choppy and dirty. Rain was intermittent but not that cold. As the skies cleared we thought we had a shot at good weather but the rain kept coming back.

Pebbles got a small pickup within 2 mins of us getting there and tossing her clam, but the fish dropped it. We were using standard fishfinder rigs with 3 and 4's to hold in the choppy water, though I would have preferred using 2 oz. For the first half hour we got a few light taps. The fish were just mouthing the bait, very sluggish. Nothing to write home about, but at least it was some action.

Nothing at all for the next 1 1/2 hours on the ebb. Still, it wasn't bad to be out there early spring. Pebbles gets :kiss: and :heart: for being such a trooper fishin with me in the rain and wind.

Fish the top half of the flood tide for now if you want to maximize your time out there.

rip316
03-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Good times guys. Glad you had some fun.

gjb1969
03-15-2010, 11:45 PM
good try u are both troopers i was a punk and stayed home:rolleyes:

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
^^ Yeah G, but you're not just any punk...
you're a Dirty Water Punk!!! :laugh: ;)

It's all good bro, we all get out there when we can. :thumbsup:

gjb1969
03-16-2010, 12:15 AM
ok :rolleyes:

Pebbles
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Pebbles and I hit the back bay for a few hours tonight. There's a lot of damage in places, some areas look like war zones with the numerous large 8x8" huge bulkhead timbers and 16" tree trunks laying on the beach.

Had some trouble getting clams, got the chowder clams from the supermarket, nice size.

We fished from 7:45-9:45pm, last of the flood, part of the ebb. At first the wind was gusty, over 20mph. Then it slowed down a bit. Bay was very choppy and dirty. Rain was intermittent but not that cold. As the skies cleared we thought we had a shot at good weather but the rain kept coming back.

Pebbles got a small pickup within 2 mins of us getting there and tossing her clam, but the fish dropped it. We were using standard fishfinder rigs with 3 and 4's to hold in the choppy water, though I would have preferred using 2 oz. For the first half hour we got a few light taps. The fish were just mouthing the bait, very sluggish. Nothing to write home about, but at least it was some action.

Nothing at all for the next 1 1/2 hours on the ebb. Still, it wasn't bad to be out there early spring. Pebbles gets :kiss: and :heart: for being such a trooper fishin with me in the rain and wind.

Fish the top half of the flood tide for now if you want to maximize your time out there.

Yes it was our first time out this season. I was a little concerned about my shoulder but since I have been doing the exercises Shaky recommended I seem to have more flexibility.

The rain and the wind was terrible. I could deal with the rain but the gusts were a little too much for me last night with the cold air.

I did have a couple of taps and one small runoff but the fish were not interested in a full meal, they just needed a snack and kept on nibbling without taking the hook.

Better luck next time.

finchaser
03-16-2010, 12:13 PM
One hell of a woman to go out in that weather. Even with wind, rain and dirty water. Plus the change in salinity from all the rain and run off had to turn them off ,but you went any way my hats off to you.:thumbsup::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Pebbles
03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
One hell of a woman to go out in that weather. Even with wind, rain and dirty water. Plus the change in salinity from all the rain and run off had to turn them off ,but you went any way my hats off to you.:thumbsup::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you very much. I'll give anything to do with fishing a try at least once.

I remember last year we went out in this terrible, terrible storm, 50 mile/hr winds, rain beating down on us. I had the time of my life.

plugcrazy
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Went out for a couple hours today but got :skunk:. It was windy. I thought I would come up with something, even a hungry runt. The one good thing was I fished braid, casting rubber jigs with the wind in my face and walked away without any wind knots.:clapping:

stripermania
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Was out tonight, back bay for about an hour. No luck.

wish4fish
03-17-2010, 12:50 PM
in the back this morning 5-8 incoming, not a tap, water was beyootiful warm come on fish!

fishinmission78
03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow a fishing report thread and the majority of the posts here are about fishing, or guys getting out there fishing instead of being an internet fisherman judging everyone else. What a concept.:clapping:

Fished behind an inlet this morning 5 to 6:30, jig with fin-s. Water was cold, no action.

buckethead
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Not a tap in the back bay this morning. I'll get there again tonight.

gjb1969
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
fish the other day way in the back had two small hit and that was it:fishing:

yukon
03-17-2010, 03:20 PM
wow a fishing report thread and the majority of the posts here are about fishing, or guys getting out there fishing instead of being an internet fisherman judging everyone else. What a concept.:clapping:

Amen. I'll have my first report for you guys Friday... Finally!

cardoc765
03-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Went out this morning with my wife. Fished the back bay. We had a great time soaking in the fresh air finally and watching the birds and listening to the water. not a single bite. But a day on the water is always great. I'm going to try again tonight. :fishing:

Never give up that's why it's called fishing.

gjb1969
03-17-2010, 06:15 PM
u have to put the time in and u will be rewarded its only the start of what i hope will be a good year :fishing:

rip316
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
OK guys I got the skunk today in the back as well. I will give it a shot again tomorrow. Have a really good feeling about tomorrow!!!

cardoc765
03-18-2010, 10:57 AM
:fishing: So after no bites yesterday morning, I got a call that my local bait shop finally got some fresh off the boat clams. I grabbed a dozen and headed back out last night in the back of the bay. Right before the top of the tide I got a NICE 32 1/2 inch 12.5 pounder. The ice has been broken for me and broke in my new pole too.

DarkSkies
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
WTG Cardoc! Way to keep at it! Nice fish. :clapping::clapping:

G and I hit the bay last night, last of the outgoing, first of the early flood this morning. :skunk: We missed you by a good 4 hours.

No action except some nocturnal flounder, though conditions were perfect for a night bite. It seems late afternoons and early eve are the ticket for right now, good catch! :thumbsup:

rip316
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Congratulations. Good for you man honestly. Beautiful fish. I got the skunk again this morning in the Back.

gjb1969
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
way to go nice fish:clapping:clapping:

jigfreak
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
:thumbsup: Nice fish CDoc. Fished the incoming this am, 5-7, nobody home.

wish4fish
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
wow cardoc dude way to go nice fish! looks like a 20# bass the way yu r holding it it looks nice n clean. what did it have in its belly? we fished last night 9-1am and got skunkola, lol.

LennyD
03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Nice Fish Cardoc!
Nice to see a 2010 Bass on the Board! :plastered:

DarkSkies
03-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Went out after work to fish the bay with clams. Fished 8:30 - 11:30 pm, last of the flood, part of the ebb. Water was calm, no wind, one of the mellowest nights on the water that I can remember for the spring. Ran into Cardoc765 and his wife out there. :HappyWave:

Things were slow, nothing for me or the other people around us. Once again the Cardoc Family had the hot hand. :clapping: His wife managed to hook and land a 33" bass, around 11+lbs. It's a good story, I'll let them tell it when they get in. :thumbsup:

cardoc765
03-19-2010, 01:34 AM
:fishing: Had a great time with Dark fishing the bay tonight. We met, had some good laughs and talked with another guy I met last night. Several hours of nothing and then just like last night, the guy I met packed up and left and immediately BAM fish hits. My wife's pole starts going crazy and this is her first striper ever. She'd been dying to catch one after seeing some of the ones I caught. I got mine last night and she was determined to get hers tonight. I was baiting my rod and Dark started to coach her reeling it in. Then that's when it happened. She saw the fish at the edge of the water and started to back up not knowing what was behind her (a large tree stump) and down she went on her butt laughing away as I grabbed the fish and got the hook off. Dark even got a pic of it. All 3 of us laughed for a long time about it. She was so excited and pumped cause she had not only landed her first striper, but landed (after remeasuring at home) a 33 inch striper WOW! I was so proud of her. For like an hour all she said was " wow I can't believe I caught a big one". Her name is Deb. You all can congratulate her on this post. Tomorrow she will be setting up her own user name now. Here are pics for you all to see.

Pebbles
03-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Congratulations Deb!! That is a nice Fish. Dark was telling me about it this morning. He had a good time fishing with both of you. I love listening to the stories he comes home with.

Hope to meet you both soon. :HappyWave:

yukon
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Got out for this first time this year last night. 6:30 - 12 RB. My buddy got one short on a clam. I had two decent hits but I got the :skunk: No one around us got anything. Very slow.

rip316
03-19-2010, 11:32 AM
way to go.

cardoc765
03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
:fishing: Had some clams left over from last night. So the wife wanted to have another shot at it, so we went out in the RB from 10:30 - 2:00. Nothing happening. We saw I 29 inch fish landed by a guy near us, but that was all. Then some guy in a 22ft boat decided he was going to let his buddy that was bow surfing get a closer look at what we were doing and came right in over everyones lines. All the guy on the bow had to say was the water was 6ft deep only and that we were not going to get anything and then started cursing us all out because everyone on the beach was telling him to have some courtesy. Wish some boat owners had better manners and took time to learn the rules of the water and common courtesy. That was the first thing I learned when I had my boat.
Get out there and try getting your line wet. Who knows, you might be the next post. LOL:fishing:

fishinmission78
03-19-2010, 02:29 PM
:fishing: Had a great time with Dark fishing the bay tonight. We met, had some good laughs and talked with another guy I met last night. Several hours of nothing and then just like last night, the guy I met packed up and left and immediately BAM fish hits. My wife's pole starts going crazy and this is her first striper ever. She'd been dying to catch one after seeing some of the ones I caught. I got mine last night and she was determined to get hers tonight. I was baiting my rod and Dark started to coach her reeling it in. Then that's when it happened. She saw the fish at the edge of the water and started to back up not knowing what was behind her (a large tree stump) and down she went on her butt laughing away as I grabbed the fish and got the hook off. Dark even got a pic of it. All 3 of us laughed for a long time about it. She was so excited and pumped cause she had not only landed her first striper, but landed (after remeasuring at home) a 33 inch striper WOW! I was so proud of her. For like an hour all she said was " wow I can't believe I caught a big one". Her name is Deb. You all can congratulate her on this post. Tomorrow she will be setting up her own user name now. Here are pics for you all to see.

Hey congrats to you and the little woman on a good night out. You're lucky to have a wife who even wants to fish with you. Great story, even the falling down part. :thumbsup:
Nice fish. :clapping:

fishinmission78
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
All the guy on the bow had to say was the water was 6ft deep only and that we were not going to get anything and then started cursing us all out because everyone on the beach was telling him to have some courtesy. Wish some boat owners had better manners and took time to learn the rules of the water and common courtesy. That was the first thing I learned when I had my boat.

Amen! The first thing you should learn when you have a boat is simple common courtesy. My biggesst gripe is why do they have to get so close? And if that really got to you today remember this is just the beginning. Come to PP area in June when the bunker and big bass are around in dozens of big pods. You will see one boat fighting another like they are 2 year olds. Then they will motor over to us on the jetties and come within 75 feet. Why can't people learn some common courtesy.:2flip:

Monty
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow, congratulations Deb, nice bass. That sounds like a fun fishing trip, lots of laughs and a nice spring striper.

She was so excited and pumped cause she had not only landed her first striper, but landed (after remeasuring at home) a 33 inch striper WOW! I was so proud of her. For like an hour all she said was " wow I can't believe I caught a big one". Her name is Deb. You all can congratulate her on this post. Tomorrow she will be setting up her own user name now. Here are pics for you all to see.

gjb1969
03-19-2010, 02:45 PM
congrats deb now u will be forever hooked :fishing:

captnemo
03-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Nice catch. Congratulations Deb and welcome aboard!

vpass
03-20-2010, 09:05 AM
It's a beatiful thing, Congrats Deb on your first keeper. Many more to come.:HappyWave::clapping:

wish4fish
03-20-2010, 09:37 AM
hay cardoc dude those are sum nice fish you and your wife nailed, cool!:clapping: welcome to the site it's a cool place everyone is cool except for dorky dark. ha just kiddin lol, hes cool too, no big mouths at this place were all mellow.:bong2:
we fished laast nite before and after the high tide for 7 hours only one small 23" runt to show for it, better luck next time.

cardoc765
03-20-2010, 10:11 AM
:fishing: Thanks guys for all the luck and good wishes. It's nice to know its early in the season with time to have more fun.

cardoc765
03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
:fishing: Going to head out tonight with the wife and try our luck again. Not sure where yet, but I will let you al lknow in the morning how it went.

cardoc765
03-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Amen! The first thing you should learn when you have a boat is simple common courtesy. My biggesst gripe is why do they have to get so close? And if that really got to you today remember this is just the beginning. Come to PP area in June when the bunker and big bass are around in dozens of big pods. You will see one boat fighting another like they are 2 year olds. Then they will motor over to us on the jetties and come within 75 feet. Why can't people learn some common courtesy.:2flip:

Oh I know what you mean. IT was just stupid of them to come in so close and then start telling us all what the water depth was and that we weren't going to catch anything. No one asked them and if the water was so low, why did they even bother coming in so close cause according to their logic, they wouldn't catch anything either. I hav efished the PP area a lot mainly the inlet and I see it there all the time too. Makes ya wanna thro sinkers at them :2flip:. One time in the inlet, (you know they are not supposed to stop in there) some guy came a lil close and I casted right out at him and had to stop my line. I came within an inch of hitting his boat and he moved. It was funny. :fishing:

cardoc765
03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Fished tonight from 7 until 12. Deb got a 29 1/2 inch keeper 15 minutes after we set our lines. For a beginner, she is doing great. I had a run off and that was all for me.

"Don't be shy, get out there and try"
:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

LennyD
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
awesome!
you guys doing great!

Pebbles
03-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Great going Deb. I think we will be out tonight.

DarkSkies
03-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Cardoc, your wife is turning into a fishing phenonemon, and a positive role model out there for the women who fish. I think if this keeps up, CNN will be looking to interview her. ;) :HappyWave:

Congrats to you both! :clapping: :thumbsup:

rip316
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Rich, my question is why the hell are we reading this stuff? Why aren't we out there? Congrats Mrs. Cardoc.

DarkSkies
03-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Because I suck! :d I don't know about you, yesterday as many roadblocks were placed in my path as possible. :( Today's a new day... as Cardoc says, "Don't be shy, get out there and try." :thumbsup:

gjb1969
03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
nice fish:d dont feel bad dark we all must suck right now but its early so right now she is the top gun right now good for her:HappyWave:

storminsteve
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Congratulations on the start to a great time fishing, Deb. Now you will experience the striper addiction. It's alll downhill from here!;)

I fished the bay from 2-6am, one missed fish using fresh clams, not too much action where I was.

rip316
03-22-2010, 04:22 AM
OK, It's 4:20 in the morning and I just finished filleting my first keeper of the year. Fished way in the back from 9:45 until 3 am. Fished with one of my new fishing buddies. The other one was close by stalking another area covering some ground. Will get the pic up tomorrow. To darn tired right now.

DarkSkies
03-22-2010, 05:22 AM
You guys had the hot hand, congrats!

We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening with Finchaser and his girlfriend, which included casting practice and us finally getting Pebbles the custom rod of her dreams. :dribble:All hand-built by Finchaser, the rod is perfectly splined and balanced. I have never seen such such meticulous attention to detail when someone built a rod. :clapping: It casts like a dream and will not put any stress on her shoulder.

The OGB and family were very gracious, helpful, no grouchiness whatsoever. :wow: I was quite impressed. :thumbsup:

Then Pebbles and I tried to hit a spot near you where I felt some bigger fish might be holding, Rip.

We failed miserably as we fished half of the ebb from 1:30-4:30am. Beautiful water, fresh clams, very light sinkers, lots of waiting. In my mind I could see those fish swimming by :kooky:but not a tap for either of us.

Congrats on your first 2010 keeper, you guys worked for those fish. :clapping:

cardoc765
03-22-2010, 09:53 AM
WTG RIP. Glad to see you got one so far. The season is early so I expect good things for all those who put in the time.

:fishing:" Don't be shy, go out and try" :fishing:

rip316
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys. I want one like the one in your avatar Cardoc.

Pebbles
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Like Dark said we got nothing but a big :skunk:at the end of our rods.

I am glad that the weather was nicer than the last time we went out. So even though I caught nothing I did enjoy myself taking in the cool salty air.

Just so everyone knows when I was sitting there with my beloved SOS he started talking to me about DUCKS. He is holding true to his name.

DarkSkies
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
^^ And even from my sweetheart I get no love... :don't know why:

It was dark, you were tired, and you thought you kept hearing sounds in the darkness. :eek: So I explained the different forms of wildlife out there, and this is the thanks I get....

(We also talked about the seals and massive schools of bunker that should be popping by any day soon. Several reports of them to the East.)

I'll never get away from the SOS label, we might as well ask Killie to start printing the T-shirts now....:laugh:

finchaser
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Like Dark said we got nothing but a big :skunk:at the end of our rods.

I am glad that the weather was nicer than the last time we went out. So even though I caught nothing I did enjoy myself taking in the cool salty air.

Just so everyone knows when I was sitting there with my beloved SOS he started talking to me about DUCKS. He is holding true to his name.

Gotta love it:HappyWave:

storminsteve
03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Ha ha funny stuff!:clapping::clapping:

Doublerunner
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Thinking about making a road trip down there soon. Never been there though

and maybe bringing Gunny with me but keep it quiet

DarkSkies
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
DR check your PMs. It's a bait and wait game for now and will continue to be that way as the bunker filter in. If you want to take a run to S Jersey, small plugs and rubber are (sometimes) working near structure. The bite is still inconsistent at best. Would be glad to run you guys around if ya don't mind the bait stink on your hands. ;) Let me know. :thumbsup:

cardoc765
03-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Went out this afternoon for a little bit. Hit the back right at high tide and not even a look at my bait. My lucky charm (Deb) was not with me, so that may be why. Water was really rough and felt really cold against my waders. Had a lil wind against the tide action going on as well.

rip316
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
At least you tried.

gjb1969
03-22-2010, 11:25 PM
way to go rip now the monkey is off your back:fishing:

jigfreak
03-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Hit some bridges with rubber before work today. Fished last of the outgoing, close to slack.:skunk:

storminsteve
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Fished the bayside this morning, 6-11:30am. 2 short bass to 22" clamming. It seemed a slow pick. Didn't see roo many others caught there.

basshunter
03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
In the back 3-6, one runt bass so small it could fit in a fishtank. A guy 200' down got one about 30 or 32".

DarkSkies
03-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Pebbles and I hit the bay for the last of the flood, 1-2:30am. We wore enough layers to go on an Arctic expedition, we were toasty warm. The problem was the wind, which was in the 20's when we started and only let up a bit to the high teens when we went home. Needed 3's and 4oz sinkers to hold.

We smelled a skunk 1/2 hour after we set things up. The smell was so strong we thought it was right there in the brush behind us. That wasn't the only skunk for the night, as the water was dead this time. That's fishin. :fishing:

Analysis: there were some decent fish caught during the day, but not many. We should have been out there then, sux when ya gotta work. We thought the top of the incoming might have been productive. At least we had plenty of space on the beach, that's sometimes the most valuable thing to me when I'm out there. :thumbsup:

rip316
03-24-2010, 03:17 AM
We skunk, I mean stunk it up too. I still love to go.

Pebbles
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Pebbles and I hit the bay for the last of the flood, 1-2:30am. We wore enough layers to go on an Arctic expedition, we were toasty warm. The problem was the wind, which was in the 20's when we started and only let up a bit to the high teens when we went home. Needed 3's and 4oz sinkers to hold.

We smelled a skunk 1/2 hour after we set things up. The smell was so strong we thought it was right there in the brush behind us. That wasn't the only skunk for the night, as the water was dead this time. That's fishin. :fishing:

Analysis: there were some decent fish caught during the day, but not many. We should have been out there then, sux when ya gotta work. We thought the top of the incoming might have been productive. At least we had plenty of space on the beach, that's sometimes the most valuable thing to me when I'm out there. :thumbsup:

Why is it whenever I go the weather is terrible? I am not going tonight so I bet it will be a very beautiful successful night.

cardoc765
03-24-2010, 09:31 AM
:fishing: Don't feel bad guys. Deb and I went out yesterday afternoon and got the skunk too. unfortunately there was a banana peel left behind by someone who doesn't understand mojo. LOL I was like, no wonder we aren't catching anything. Will give it a go again Friday or Saturday or both LMAO. :fishing:

So it's not you Pebbles. Wind blew for us a lil hard at first and when the tide changed, it all calmed down even the water. Deb was certain it was going to be catching time, but no such luck. She even kept saying she could smell fish smell in the air.

:fishing: Don't be shy, give it a try" :fishing:

finchaser
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Why is it whenever I go the weather is terrible? I am not going tonight so I bet it will be a very beautiful successful night.

Because you fish with SOS chasing internet fish and feeding Swans and now possibly ducks:huh:

DarkSkies
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
^^ :clapping::clapping: :ROFLMAO

I yam what I yam. ;)
BTW, there were no fish caught at all during the day at the spot Pebbles and I fished.

Give me a choice of:

a) Fishin next to 50 guys for the chance to catch the same 20-28" fish, and dealing with the crowds.

b) Fishing at a lonely spot that has no people, structure which from time to time may hold a nice sized spring bass, and the occasional swan, skunk, duck, and loon...:rolleyes:

I'll pick choice B every time...:moon: :HappyWave:

finchaser
03-24-2010, 08:35 PM
^^^^ :wow:Your super secret hot spot is such a secret the fish don't even know about it.:ROFLMAO;)

storminsteve
03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
^^^^ :wow:Your super secret hot spot is such a secret the fish don't even know about it.:ROFLMAO;)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Dark, are you forgetting to bring your secret decoder ring with you? That's why you're hitting goose eggs. btw, when do the swans start laying their eggs, we would like an update.:laugh:

This one is stainless, you can even wear it in the salt.:d

rip316
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Dark, Is Fin bothering you? It seems like you need someone in your corner. Well, I got your back buddy. GOB, leave poor Dark alone. He really is a good guy.

DarkSkies
03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
No big deal, Rip. He's my new surrogate Dad, like the Dad who ya can never please. :argue: :kooky: :laugh:
I'm like the worst son he could ever have, because it's almost impossible to make him happy. ;)

I share this spotlight with Killie, who he probably thinks of a son as well. We're the prodigal sons, the screw-ups who can never get it quite right, no matter how much he yells at us. We call him our step-Dad, the step-Dad from hell. :eek:

He's like a cross between this:

(what it's like to live in the Finchaser household) :scared:
aUc62jD-G0o

and this:

(when he rants about fisheries management)
5j2F4VcBmeo

The perfect dysfunctional family, almost as good as the Osbornes. :headbang:

I think Killie is shopping around for a reality TV show detailing his screw-ups and Finchaser yelling at him all the time...
It would pay to watch such a show on a weekly basis. It would make us all feel better that no matter how bad things got, they could never be as insane as our daily lives with OGB griping at us. :plastered:

Beyond all that, the OGB has a heart of gold, and would give ya the shirt off his back if ya needed it. :clapping: His wisdom and understanding of fisheries management has helped to change my perspective on things, and made me a better person for having met him. I'm lucky to be blessed with his abuse. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He's still one of the grouchiest SOBs I ever met. If you could hear his daily rants, taking no prisoners and insulting all within sight, tears of laughter would be streaming down your eyes. :ROFLMAO My Dad was worse, so it's all good, dude. :HappyWave:

(but don't tell him that... his ego is too big already )

Monty
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
:laugh::ROFLMAO:laugh:

^^^^ :wow:your super secret hot spot is such a secret the fish don't even know about it.:roflmao;)

rip316
03-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I am glad we have found our new families. lol.

lostatsea
03-24-2010, 10:40 PM

Dark, are you forgetting to bring your secret decoder ring with you? That's why you're hitting goose eggs. btw, when do the swans start laying their eggs, we would like an update.:laugh:

I want one I want one, does it come with an optionall bunker locator? :dribble:

DarkSkies
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I am glad we have found our new families. lol.

This is the family you would be becoming part of Rip, still want in? :d

Guess which one is Finchaser. :laugh:

gjb1969
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
thats one he!!of a family but they are cool just like ogb

rip316
03-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, I do still want in. More than ever. When you introduced me to Mr. Mucie and Mr . Pollota and I was able to talk OGB and found out who they were and what they have done I swear I was mystified by them. I looked right through their foreheads and was in their brains trying to see what they see. I am in another planet right now. You guys have lifted my spirits through bass fishing. Call it crazy if you want but, I wont.

DarkSkies
03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
I looked right through their foreheads and was in their brains trying to see what they see. I am in another planet right now... Call it crazy if you want but, I wont.

You need help, bro, can you spell S-T-A-L-K-E-R! :ROFLMAO

It's all good, I know what ya meant, I feel the same way when I meet an old time sharpie like them. But your words above were so funny I couldn't help myself, you know I'm just kidding ya! ;) :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

rip316
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I am just having a blast on this site. I don't have many people in my life that like to fish so you guys are now turning into my second family.

jigfreak
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Fished a local backwater drain this AM, 6-7. One very small shortie on rubber.

madcaster
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Fished raritan bay today from 10 to 3 with clams, I got a big skunk:skunk:. My buddy had one hit and that was it:skunk:. Only saw one fish caught. Pick up two garbage bags of trash today while waiting for some action.

Pebbles
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Fished ration bay today from 10 to 3 with clams, I got a big skunk:skunk:. My buddy had one hit and that was it:skunk:. Only saw one fish caught. Pick up two garbage bags of trash today while waiting for some action.

Thanks for picking up the trash madcaster. Wish all fishermen would do the same.

I can't get out this weekend but hopefully I will go with Dark next week.

DarkSkies
03-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Met up with the OGB tonight, we thought bass might be chewin ahead of the weather coming in.

This is the temporary StripersandAnglers logo until we can get Killie to make a new one ;)

Covered a lot of ground fishin the back. We were strictly concentrating on artificials. Water was like chocolate milk in many places. The gusty wind made it hard to present, average 15mph, gusts to the mid 20's. We kept moving to different spots looking for a lee from the wind.

At one of the spots, OGB hooked into a bass on his 10th cast on a 1/2 oz jig and rubber. It was about 29", clean migratory fish with sea lice. Quick pic, then back into the water to get bigger. :thumbsup:

We fished hard at some more stops, but that was it for the night as the wind built up and the rain came down harder. We had fished the bottom half of the ebb. Looking back, we agreed the top half might have had more fish activity. It was still a good night out, a few laughs along the way. And for once, he wasn't that grouchy. ;) :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-26-2010, 04:05 AM
. Pick up two garbage bags of trash today while waiting for some action.

Thanks for picking up the trash madcaster. Wish all fishermen would do the same.

Madcaster, thank you for that unselfish act of caring about the place where you fish. :thumbsup:
If 1/2 the fishermen out there acted like you, we wouldn't have nearly as many access problems as we do. :clapping:
PM or e-mail me your address and I'll send ya a plug. :HappyWave:

finchaser
03-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Met up with the OGB tonight, we thought bass might be chewin ahead of the weather coming in.

This is the temporary StripersandAnglers logo until we can get Killie to make a new one ;)

Covered a lot of ground fishin the back. We were strictly concentrating on artificials. Water was like chocolate milk in many places. The gusty wind made it hard to present, average 15mph, gusts to the mid 20's. We kept moving to different spots looking for a lee from the wind.

At one of the spots, OGB hooked into a bass on his 10th cast on a 1/2 oz jig and rubber. It was about 29", clean migratory fish with sea lice. Quick pic, then back into the water to get bigger. :thumbsup:

We fished hard at some more stops, but that was it for the night as the wind built up and the rain came down harder. We had fished the bottom half of the ebb. Looking back, we agreed the top half might have had more fish activity. It was still a good night out, a few laughs along the way. And for once, he wasn't that grouchy. ;) :HappyWave:

Guess it was good for me you brought your decoder ring:thumbsup:and left your smelly bait home.

chas527
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
fished r.b. yesterday from 3.30 till 7.30 pm got 2 good hits no fish .but at least i know they're there.

wish4fish
03-26-2010, 02:21 PM

ha ha darkskies the intermet mugger lol roflmfao!:clapping::clapping:
dude who gave you that name? we fished yesterday, tha water was like yoohoo and had one runoff that was it! ima gonna follow you dudes next time yer out, congrats :thumbsup:

storminsteve
03-26-2010, 04:41 PM

Guess it was good for me you brought your decoder ring

OK, I see you did listen to my advice about the decoder ring. My bill will be in the mail next week.;) Way to go on the bass finchaser!
As for me, I should have listened to my advice and brought one of those rings with me. I fished RB in the back this morning. The wind was howling and it was rough water. It was at your back so it wasn't terrible. Fresh clams were untouched. It seems the water temp went down a few degrees.

fishinmission78
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
The wind was howling and it was rough water.

I had the same conditions this morning to the south.:skunk:

cardoc765
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice fish OGB. Went out just to check out another spot and the one i have been fishing lately and the water was unfishable for the most part in RB. I couldn't believe the wind and how cold it was. Did talk to a guy who said he got 1 short though just before I got there. :fishing:

ledhead36
03-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Went out tonight after work RB, nothing for me water I is too cold.

finchaser
03-26-2010, 11:48 PM
OK,.;) Way to go on the bass finchaser!

Nice fish OGB.

dogfish
03-27-2010, 09:43 AM

The SOS refers to save our swans?:kooky:
Gotta love it.:ROFLMAO :clapping::clapping::clapping:

fishinmission78
03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
If swans were bass, you would be crushing them dark. Went out this morning, air and water were cold, :skunk:

wish4fish
03-27-2010, 02:39 PM
got the rb blues, only one small runty bass 11-2 today, clams.

cardoc765
03-27-2010, 07:54 PM
:fishing:Had the pleasure of meeting RIP and fishing with him today. Fished the RB from 1-6:30 with he and I both getting a few hits but that was all. Aside from frozen (I can't feel em anymore) toes and fingers LMAO. :fishing:

rip316
03-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Still thawing out myself Cardoc. Had a good time. Hope we can do it again soon. Maybe Rich and some more members can plan an evening out and fish together. I think that would make belonging to this site a little more like a family of fisherman.

baitstealer
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Fished RB from 11-1. Too cold had to go home. Thought I had a few taps probably my mind playing tricks on me.

rip316
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I had quite a few taps myself Baitstealer. All small fish nibbling on the clam. Only saw one keeper the entire incoming tide. Heard of a couple shorts caught one hour into the shift on worms. Won't be out again until the end of the week when this mess blows by.

surferman
03-28-2010, 01:50 PM
the guy weighed this in at riptide a little while ago. hope it's ok to post it here, Congratulations, whoo hoo!:clapping::clapping::clapping::fishing:

wish4fish
03-28-2010, 02:36 PM
thats a fattie, lol:clapping::plastered:

rip316
03-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Congrats on the keeper guy, whoever you are.

cardoc765
03-30-2010, 08:41 AM
:fishing: The wife and I went to check out the bay last night at 6:45. No rain and tons of fog. Reminded me of a day just like that when we killed the bass. So off to Reno's i went to get bait and fished the Rb by myself, from 8:00 - 11:15. Extreeme high tide because of the moon stage, but flat as glass. Fished all outgoing tide to get only a couple taps (maybe flounder who knows) at the end of the night and that was all. Couple other guys out by me, same thing. Again, it's still sorta early and better days are coming. :fishing: