PDA

View Full Version : Spring Setup

johnnysaxatilis
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
So i've got a couple different setups for plug bags for generally spring and summer/fall. I've got an albacore fanny pack that im gunna use modified by cutting down a 3 pack of clear tubes and duct taping those together and then to the bottom of the bag. For my spring setup ive got various small rappalla swimmers along with plenty of room for small rubber shads and small bucks with rubber worms on the back. there are also a couple of small chub creek striper strike's thrown in there. Usually early spring im targeting back bay type areas, and the variouse rivers running though the cape where i live.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is completely going insane looking at fishing gear on the wall and wondering what ya'll thought of the setup, what improvements i might make, and what ya'll have stuck up ur sleeve for the spring:d

Tight lines everyone!
Johnny

Monty
03-02-2010, 11:06 PM
This past sunday I finally got around to my surfbag and getting it ready for the season, had to modify/change insert to fit Rip Plugger's Horse Bunker plugs. In the next couple weeks I need to tie some leaders and teasers.
Are teasers a part of your early season arsenal?

finchaser
03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
jig head with a curly tail in the back

skinner
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Everyone is getting ready. You have three bags sounds like your're all set to go. Johnny, what types do you have and why did you choose them? And when do you guys first start fishing the salt up there?

rip316
03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
This weekend for me. Weather pattern and tides look right.

johnnysaxatilis
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Everyone is getting ready. You have three bags sounds like your're all set to go. Johnny, what types do you have and why did you choose them? And when do you guys first start fishing the salt up there?

early in the spring i have what i described above. as the season moves on i'll start going to the bigger plugs and the medium sized bag i carry as bigger bait fish move along the coast later in the season. In my medium bag I have the GunnyRunner by rickski (large pikie) couple polaris poppers, a pencil, northbar bottle darter, black darter, Cowboy by 401plugworks ( a stripercoast guy whos company is just getting started check out the site! 401plugworks.com) few tins (kastmaster, deadly *****), bunch of bucks with rubber worms both green and white, a wonderbread bomberA, andddddddd i think thats it. That pretty much allows me to attack all the water columns i want.

O and i'll start fishing wayyyyy before the fish get here just out of boredom lol. but usually mid april is when ppl start catchin on a reg here on cape. of course this is all subject to theory based on who ya talk to.:don't know why:
how bout ya'll?

johnnysaxatilis
03-05-2010, 11:11 AM
This past sunday I finally got around to my surfbag and getting it ready for the season, had to modify/change insert to fit Rip Plugger's Horse Bunker plugs. In the next couple weeks I need to tie some leaders and teasers.
Are teasers a part of your early season arsenal?

typically no, but thats something i've really meant to utilize this upcoming season! good call:thumbsup:

dogfish
05-02-2010, 07:12 AM
So i've got a couple different setups for plug bags for generally spring and summer/fall. I've got an albacore fanny pack that im gunna use modified by cutting down a 3 pack of clear tubes and duct taping those together and then to the bottom of the bag.

Sounds good, got any pics? The things you put together in there will work, try to bring different weights of light bucktails, and some smaller 3-4" slim plugs. Good luck with the season, I can't wait till things heat up.

Doublerunner
05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Johnny don't forget ur pink hat :eek: :d :laugh: :huh:

hookset
01-09-2011, 03:42 PM
You guys must be joking. Johnnysaxitillis doesn't really wear a pink hat, does he?:kooky: