PDA

View Full Version : Meeting new fishermen while out on the beach.

buckethead
03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
When I am out on the beach I fish alone most of the time. Part of the joy of fishing for me is to talk to other people about there experiences. Getting to meet new people and make new friends is part of surf fishing.

When you are out there would you rather not be bothered or do you like to speak to other fishermen?

finchaser
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
depends on the person I encounter

Monty
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
What you wrote is exactly the same with me.
I enjoy fishing alone, like chatting with others who like to chat.

When I am out on the beach I fish alone most of the time. Part of the joy of fishing for me is to talk to other people about there experiences. Getting to meet new people and make new friends is part of surf fishing.

When you are out there would you rather not be bothered or do you like to speak to other fishermen?

rip316
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I have met some real nut cases out there. Once I get that feeling, I shorten the conversation and keep it moving. If I get the sense that a dude is ok I will stay and chat.

Pebbles
03-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I have always enjoyed meeting new people on the beach. Sometimes they give me pointers. One of the guys from the OFFC :HappyWave: tried to help me improve my cast.

Only once did I have trouble with some rude *******. :burn: me up because he was starting trouble in the middle of my casts on purpose.

Other than that I am happy to be :fishing: with great sportsmen.

DarkSkies
03-03-2010, 10:27 PM

I was told there needs to be more interaction among our esteemed Senior members. I was thinking of a contest offering Finchaser and Killie's free guided fishing trips to a contest winner. :fishing:

Would the OGB be down with that? Fame can be a double edged sword, ya know, think carefully on your answer....;)

bababooey
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I was told there needs to be more interaction among our esteemed Senior members. I was thinking of a contest offering Finchaser and Killie's free guided fishing trips to a contest winner. :fishing:

Would the OGB be down with that? Fame can be a double edged sword, ya know, think carefully on your answer....;)

A guided fishing trip with killie? How would that work, walk with him down to the beach and wait for the call from finchaser?:huh::d

finchaser
03-03-2010, 11:27 PM

You owe someone a plug from your last OGB contest:huh: 3/1/10 has come and gone.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5500

No matter who Pebbles picks, Cow Herder's post made me laugh

DarkSkies
03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
OK, you're right. :thumbsup:

Pebbles please pick a winner for that contest, OGB is waiting, the clock is ticking. :d
It's about time we gave away some plugs around here.

surfstix1963
03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
You said it fin.

rockhopper
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't mind talking to some of guys but over the years I have learned who to stay away from.

rip316
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
pick me, pick me

johnnysaxatilis
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Usually where i fish there arent a lot of people.... i kinda see to it that happens whenever I can. But I have no problem talking to people where I normally fish becuase if they got to where I'm at, they usually know what they're doing haha.

For istance, I was fishing in rhodie one night on a rock, in the darkness, kinda hidden in a little cove by myself enjoying the whole experience kinda lost in my own little world. And this guy ninja'd his way to my spot, snuck up and scared the ever loving bejesus out of me and i almost fell in. not intentionally but he was probly the only other guy in the area that night and he was in a black wetsuit so i couldnt blame him. ended up hangin with him on that rock all night, cool guy. But i knew he was a serious angler.

it wasnt like a guy with a white bucket came trudgin up yelling and screaming and asking me how the bite was ya know? Its all relative i guess. I have no problem talking to anyone becuase essentially its my job, but i didnt come here to the pounding surf to talk, i came to fish

cowherder
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM

A guided fishing trip with killie? How would that work, walk with him down to the beach and wait for the call from finchaser?:huh::d

pick me, pick me

I don't mind talking to people. I have learned a lot that way. I just started getting serious about surf fishing so I know I have a lot to learn. I also learned not to bother or chat with a guy in the middle of a cast. I kind of wait till they are leaving or moving to another spot if I want to ask them something. That's what has worked for me.

Are we really going to have a fish with finchaser contest? If so, I'm #2 in line behind rip.:fishing:

rip316
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
lol you guys are great.

gjb1969
03-06-2010, 01:34 AM
sometimes i speak sometimes i dont all depends on my mood thats just how i am sometime:kooky:

dogfish
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I have met some real nut cases out there. Once I get that feeling, I shorten the conversation and keep it moving. If I get the sense that a dude is ok I will stay and chat.

What is this a game of kumbaya love your neighbor?:kooky: You talk to the guy the next thing he is going to be asking for your choice fishing spots. Hell no.
What Rip316 said, if someone is out thereon the 2am shift and I see him a few times it might be worth it. Otherwise move on I have nothing to say.