PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ocean City intermediate school FFM 3-6-10

DarkSkies
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Saturday March 6th. 9am-1pm. 1801 Bay Avenue, Ocean City, NJ 80 tables of new and used saltwater/freshwater tackle. Parking available along Bay Avenue and Haven Ave. $3 admission. Free for children under 6. Door prizes and refreshments. All proceeds go directly to the Ocean City Intermediate School Fishing Club. A few confirmed vendors AOK Tackle, Palmer Bucktails, Rolling Tackle Box, Slammer Tackle, Big Bites lures, 24-7 Bait and Tackle and many more. Also 97.3 ESPN radio will be doing a live remote from 9-11 am from the show.

DarkSkies
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Mar.
2010Ocean City Intermediate School Fishing Club
Fishing Flea Market
Mar. 6, 2010
Ocean City Intermediate School
1801 Bay Avenue
Ocean City NJ 08226
Time: 9 am - 1 pm
Phone: 609-408-0196
E-mail: nverducci@msn.com
-N/A-
Venders: Are Welcome
Admission: Adults(14-up) $3 Children (6-13) $1
Additional Info:
Children under 6 get in free with paying adult

Directions: From the Garden State Parkway S: Take EXIT 30 onto RT-52 toward SOMERS POINT / OCEAN CITY.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W LAUREL DR / NJ-52. Continue to follow NJ-52 (Portions toll). Pass through 1 roundabout.
Turn RIGHT onto BAY AVE / CR-656.

DarkSkies
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
A reminder that the OC ffm is Saturday, people. Some good things have been said about this one in the past. :thumbsup:

Feel free to post any comments or reports if you go.

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I met up with Nick Verducci, one of the guys in charge. They were very happy with the attendance and the gate receipts. There was a steady stream of people in all morning until it slowed down around 12:30. They closed at 1pm.

Some stats:

This was their 4th and best year ever.

Last year attendance was poor for some reason, but this year made up for that.

Last year a lot of people weren't buying, just looking. This year the vendors said people were buying, and they were very happy. (I overheard some vendor conversations as the guys were packing up. There was a good amount of $$ spent today :lookhappy:)

Total # of people through the door was 832. That's impressive no matter how you look at it. :thumbsup:

All the money raised goes to the Intermediate school fishing club. The kids at that school will have some great fishin trips this year because of the good attendance. :fishing:

Next year Nick said to remind people the date will be March 5.

Nice meeting ya, Nick, best of luck next year as well. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:39 AM

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Mark is from Medford/ Southhampton and has been making plugs for about 1 year now.

What caught my eye about Mark's table was the fact that he had so many different styles. Many builders when just starting out will concentrate on one or 2. Mark decided to move beyond that and really push it to the limit with the different styles.

Also got to meet part of his famiily.
His daughter Rebecca and nephew Matt help him with the work.

His plugs range from $15-25.
As of now he isn't doing any more shows this year, but that may change. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Nice to meet ya, Mark! :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Ray's Rod and reel repairs from the Ocean City area.

Got a chance to meet Ray and Katie. Ray is a Vietnam Vet. He tries to supplement his income by finding, repairing and selling reels.

He has a monumentous amount of reels. :lookhappy:
Katie told me that the amount he brought to the show today was less than half of the total he has for sale.

He checks all reels for functionality, and makes sure they're in good working order.

I took some pics of a small selection of what he had and will be posting them up as I get a chance.

For those looking for other reels he might have, his e-mail is:
rbkjr1950@comcast.net

Feel free to e-mail him if you're looking for something specific.

For the most part, he had a lot of old Garcia, Penn, Daiwa, metal body spinners, and some really nice new Penn conventional baitcasters, jigging, and trolling reels that were in great shape.

Nice to meet ya's Ray and Katie. :HappyWave:
Thanks for your service to our country, Ray. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Tom is from Chester county, PA.

I first met him at a flea market in MD. Tom travels all over the region to sell his professional hand-made teasers, and flys.

The guy is amazingly talented. I remember a demonstration of his skill and ability in MD, he had quite a crowd around his table.

I seem to remember Tom is an avid motocross or BMX rider too. This is amazing because Tom is not a young kid, but he stays in great shape, and enjoys life to the fullest with his lovely wife Mary Ann.

Nice meeting you folks again! :thumbsup:

Tom will be at the Berkeley show tomorrow and the Asbury show next week.

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Panning the gym, you can see Steve from AOK tackle in the opening part. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 01:10 AM
The jigs caught my eye as I walked past. ;)

Got a chance to speak with Jeff, the owner. It's a small company. Right now they're selling at flea markets and some tackle shops in the Atlantic County area. Nice to meet ya Jeff! :HappyWave:

Fishenough
03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Darkskies, thanks for coming out to the show. It was good meeting you. Sorry I couldn't chat more, but the breakdown at the end of the show is tough. Thanks for everyone who came out.

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Fishenough, are you Nick?

Nice meeting you as well. That was a good flea market, I would recommend people hit it up next year.

Welcome aboard! :HappyWave:

Fishenough
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Fishenough, are you Nick?

Nice meeting you as well. That was a good flea market, I would recommend people hit it up next year.

Welcome aboard! :HappyWave:

DS, yes I am. Thanks for the kind words about the flea market. The kids and I work hard to put it together.

Pebbles
03-17-2010, 08:05 AM
The jigs caught my eye as I walked past. ;)

Got a chance to speak with Jeff, the owner. It's a small company. Right now they're selling at flea markets and some tackle shops in the Atlantic County area. Nice to meet ya Jeff! :HappyWave:

I like the pink my favorite color.

Pebbles
03-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Darkskies, thanks for coming out to the show. It was good meeting you. Sorry I couldn't chat more, but the breakdown at the end of the show is tough. Thanks for everyone who came out.

Welcome to the site! What area do you fish and how did you get started?:HappyWave:

Fishenough
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I predominantly fish sod banks and surf around Cape May County. Been fishing since I was 6 years old(40 now) all thanks to good old Dad.

clamchucker
03-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Been fishing since I was 6 years old(40 now) all thanks to good old Dad.

My father taught me to fish many years ago Fishenough. He also taught me what some folks today call fishing etiquette. Only we didn't call it that name back then. We called it common sense. Welcome to stripers and anglers. I think it is a great thing what you are doing for those kids in the fishing club. I look forward to your contributions here.

Pebbles
03-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Fishenough-

Dark and I went down to Cape May for Valentine's Day. There was a lady leaving the beach with these incredible conch shells. Even though it was very cold we ventured out to see if I could get one for my nephew. Only found some broken ones.

I know I don't know you yet but if you ever find one can you please pick it up for me? My nephew started a saltwater tank. I would love to send him one. I will be happy to pick up or pay for shipping. Thanks! - Pebbles.

BTW- Have you had any luck fishing yet? I know the season just began but was wondering what the conditions are compared to the conditions up here.

Fishenough
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Will do. I know one particular beach that conch shells can be found pretty consistently. If I get down there I will get you one.

I haven't been out yet, but I've been hearing some pretty good news.;)

Pebbles
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Will do. I know one particular beach that conch shells can be found pretty consistently. If I get down there I will get you one.

I haven't been out yet, but I've been hearing some pretty good news.;)

Thank you so much. My sister died 7 months ago so I try to do some little extra things for her kids. I know Jay would love to have one.