PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with scented plastics

basshunter
03-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Do scented plastics or oils work and how long does the scent last? I thinking of giving some blurps a try. They claim that the scent gets stronger in the water the longer it is there.

I was wondering if it is all hype and a waste of money.

4" Blurp sea shad

gjb1969
03-06-2010, 01:50 PM
it depends on how u use them and if they kept well the oils and sent will last longer some u can t let dry out and yes they do work just try the new gulp stuff and u will see good luck

lostatsea
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I think when the water is warmer they work better. Soft plastics work great on their own, the paddle tails of the storms and the tsunamis are deadly. If you wanted, you could marinate them in garlic or bunker oil. Then you would need to figure out how to to carry them without it getting all over everything else. IMO more trouble than its worth. just my .02

lostatsea
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Basshunter, the blurp ones you were talking about kind of reminded me of the berkeley power bait, not that much more expensive than the regular bass assassins, and 8 to a pack. That brings the cost to about 75c apiece, good for bass, but bad if bluefish are around.

Description

Introducing BLURP, the newest weapon in our arsenal! Our new line of saltwater lures features a special scent release formula. Using new technology, we are able to add natural fish attracting scents to our lures that release upon contact with water. These highly concentrated scents attract fish, even in the toughest fishing conditions.
The longer they stay in the water, the stronger the scent becomes. In all of our field tests, our new BLURP lures outfished the live bait every time!
This is not a biodegradable or water based plastic. It will not shrink or harden. This is our regular saltwater plastic, so you know you are fishing with high quality lures.
Great for Redfish, Trout, Snook and Flounder!

Color: Pearl 4" SLURP Sea Shad

toadfish
07-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I've been thinking of adding scent to the plastic lures I make. The best thing about scent is that it disguises the plastic smell. The worst thing is it stinks awful when it gets "ripe". Haven't quite worked up the nerve to add extra stink to the already awful smell of boiling plastic:wow:.

Pebbles
07-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Welcome toadfish. I think adding scents to the plastics is a great idea. If smelly clams work wonders what can it hurt?

toadfish
07-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I'll be happy to forward all my wife's comments when bunker breath starts seeping into the house.:argue:

Pebbles
07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Offer to take her fishing then maybe she will not mind.

clamchucker
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Your wife must be pretty understanding toadfish. She sounds like a keeper.