PDA

View Full Version : When do you change plugs

plugginpete
03-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Depending on the conditions and the bait that is around, at what point do you change plugs if your current one is not producing?

bababooey
03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I give a plug 5 or 10 minutes before I switch up. You need to know where fish are in the water column as well. Using top water when fish are on the bottom might cause you to think they're not there. You should always have a few bucktails along with you.

CharlieTuna
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I give a plug 5 or 10 minutes before I switch up. You need to know where fish are in the water column as well. Using top water when fish are on the bottom might cause you to think they're not there. You should always have a few bucktails along with you.

Good point, Also if you have a few that you want to try in rotation, then make it a point to only throw each of them 5 or 10 times before switching to the next plug.

jonthepain
06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
i did that for a long time, spent most of my time changing plugs. then i started bringing just one plug on the beach with me and actually did better. i tell you one thing, i really learned that plug and got dam good with it.

eventually i ended up bringing 2 plugs and 1 metal. but i have real confidence in all three.

baitstealer
06-30-2010, 05:43 PM
After about 15 minutes. I lose patience and need to give something else a try.