PDA

View Full Version : What has it become to you

basshunter
03-09-2010, 03:28 PM
We have come into the full age of electronics. We have cells phones which we can use to call our buddies "Fish On", or GPS to navigate our way to the spot of our choice, depth sounders, fish finders and much more.

What happened to the good ole days of a pole and worm? Is fishing still a calming recreation for us or somehow has our leisurely day of fishing become more of a electronic field day to catch a cow?

jonthepain
03-09-2010, 06:40 PM
lately for me it's a rod and a doughbait

Monty
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Means zero to me.
I never bring a cell phone or GPS with me fishing.
The experience out there is more important (clearing of the mind), than catching fish or letting my buddies know where the fish are. I like the solitude, the intense hunt for fish.
On the other hand I do not have good feelings for the cell phone fisherman. I would not mind if all the fish finders were magically rendered useless, and there are a bunch of boaters out there that as far as I am concerned I would welcome their GPS going AWOL. ;)

wish4fish
03-09-2010, 10:39 PM
What happened to the good ole days of a pole and worm? Is fishing still a calming recreation for us or somehow has our leisurely day of fishing become more of a electronic field day to catch a cow?

hey some people wont fish bait anymore their too cool to get their hands dirty and as for digging worms or tapeworms forget about that their hands might smell:scared:
im happy to catch fish shorts or big ones you cant only go out when you think the big girls are there, there are a few of us we go out to fish and have a good time i hope those will always be the now days and not be the good old days

gjb1969
03-09-2010, 11:20 PM
i bring a cell all the time but i dont need it to get fish so it not that important to me:fishing:

dogfish
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Means zero to me.
I never bring a cell phone or GPS with me fishing.
The experience out there is more important (clearing of the mind), than catching fish or letting my buddies know where the fish are. I like the solitude, the intense hunt for fish.
On the other hand I do not have good feelings for the cell phone fisherman. I would not mind if all the fish finders were magically rendered useless, and there are a bunch of boaters out there that as far as I am concerned I would welcome their GPS going AWOL. ;)

X2

surfstix1963
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
X3 I just want to be out there
X2

surfwalker
01-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Personally, I don’t carry a cell at the beach. I still fish the same way as I did the first time I attempted surfcasting, walking, casting and seeking out a Bass. And I still enjoy it as much as that first time. My time is too valuable to be calling or receiving calls while walking the surf.

Although I get reports, I don’t rely on them to catch. The seeking out of a fish, on my own, is part of the satisfaction that I get, it’s part of my process to the final outcome.

finchaser
01-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Always have mine never know in an emergency you have to call for help

vpass
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I also have mine for same reason as Fin stated. also for work emergency.