PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to go to Asbury if you're not a plug ho

DarkSkies
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Finchaser contacted me this morning and said he's going to Asbury to get a hot dog.

Not for the plugs, but for the world class hot-dogs. :laugh:

That got me thinking that so many go to Asbury for the selection of different plugs from all over the US.

Aren't there any other reasons people go there? :don't know why:

I thought I might list some to get the old grouchy basstard to stop being so grouchy and maybe crack one of those rare smiles of his... ;) :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
1. Get some great plugs. :wow:

2. Buy a delicious, world-class hotdog. :dribble:

3. Meet some of the Asbury fishing club members.

4. Maybe consider joining the club.

5. Meet some of the Asbury hard core surf guys like Joe Palotta, Gene Amato, Asbury Steve, and some of the others you have read about and always wondered if in person they would fit into the stories you heard about them. :thumbsup: Several guys in the Asbury club are plug builders.
Here are just a few:
Gene Amato of Fish on, Paul Lindner, Big Rock of Big Rock's Lures, Greg from Luna Lures, Larry & Ralph from Hook'R Lures, Glenn Davis of Davis Lures
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=78
and quite a few others.

6. Get some old, vintage plugs that you can't get anymore. Last year Charlie K had a tub of old unavailable rare plugs, some by Gary2, Habs. etc. Ya never know what ya might find...:lookhappy:

7. Pass by the SSFFF table. They will distributing info and asking for donations.

8. Meet some of the people you haven't seen all year. Surf guys from all the states in the area come to this show. :cool:

9. Possibly meet some of the guys who organized the Fishermens' March on Washington.

10. Contribute to a good cause. The proceeds from admission and the day go to help take kids fishing and all the charitable things the Asbury club does. :clapping:

DarkSkies
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
So let's hear it guys and girls, what are some of your reasons for going to Asbury this Sunday March 14? :cool:

finchaser
03-11-2010, 09:42 AM
A hot dog,plugs are over rated;)

dogfish
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
2. Buy a delicious, world-class hotdog. :dribble:

A hot dog,plugs are over rated;)

What, no world class hamburgers? I would drive there from Mass if they had world class hamburgers. Somewhere in this world right now there's a greedy lawyer considering a discrimination lawsuit because there are no world class hanburgers.
Where's the beef!!!:huh: :d

cowherder
03-11-2010, 12:51 PM

That's why I'm going. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend. My budget is $75. I hope to get enough of a different selection to get me through the year. I am looking for the plugs that catch fish, not the ones that catch fishermen.

buckethead
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I like looking at the old time plugs and getting to meet some new people.

Hot dogs? Where?:drool:

surferman
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Reason # 11.

11. to get the old grouchy basstard to stop being so grouchy and maybe crack one of those rare smiles of his... ;) :HappyWave:

He can't really be that grouchy Dark, I think you are playing it up a little, no?

madcaster
03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Were in Asbury are there good Hotdogs???:dribble:

clamchucker
03-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Madcaster you can get them right when you walk in the entry doors into the convention center. I will not be going to the flea market. I think I have all I need for 2 lifetimes. I would recommend going to folks who have never been there, just to see what it is like.

jigfreak
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I think I can find something to lighten my wallet there besides hotdogs. I'm sure to walk out with a few plugs. I won't stand on line at 3am for them though.:kooky:

seamonkey
03-12-2010, 01:41 PM

8. Meet some of the people you haven't seen all year. Surf guys from all the states in the area come to this show. :cool:

9. Possibly meet some of the guys who organized the Fishermens' March on Washington.

10. Contribute to a good cause. The proceeds from admission and the day go to help take kids fishing and all the charitable things the Asbury club does. :clapping:

I would pick these 4 here.:thumbsup:

fishincrazy
03-12-2010, 11:29 PM
So let's hear it guys and girls, what are some of your reasons for going to Asbury this Sunday March 14? :cool:

I'm goin to help my good friends at their tables.I'll be at the AOK and Striper bites tables.If your there come by and say HI!!!!

FC:HappyWave: