PDA

View Full Version : Asbury Park: Meet a builder who couldn't get a table.... Brasilva

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Brasilva came over to the NJ side today from NY today. :thumbsup:

He met up with us.

I told him about the trench coat guy. :eek:

He has some plugs he's been building over the winter.

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I told him about the trenchcoat guy, the guy who comes to every Asbury Park Fishing Club fishing flea market show and sells plugs outside......taped to the insides of his trenchcoat.

The guy is part of the Asbury show legend.

What a marketing idea. :cool:

Granted a little weird, a guy opening a trenchcoat in Asbury Park to sell custom plugs. :huh:

He's been spotted selling plugs for the last 2 years, and has developed somewhat of a following and cult status. :rolleyes:

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Go to Canarsie pier

Go to the NCB, north Channel Bridge

Go to Voodoo beach. :scared:

Go fish any of those areas and ask about Brasilva, the guy's name and his plugs get instant recognition.

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
In NJ, not so much... :don't know why:

So I had the idea of Brasilva coming down with us to meet some of the Asbury builders, maybe learning a thing or 2, making some connections, and possibly selling some plugs in the parking lot.

A few problems...

He forgot to bring a trenchcoat. :beatin:

He bought a few boxes with different samples, a little difficult to lug around.

He's a law-abiding citizen, a guy who likes to do things by the book, doesn't like to make waves or do the guerilla marketing thing.

And it was raining heavily when we got there....:(

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
So Joel ended up walking around the Asbury Park show, and we didn't market his boxes of plugs.

He had to cut out of there early to pick up his wife.

I took some pics, and figured why not create a thread to introduce people to this guy. :thumbsup:

I'll try to have the pics up by tomorrow..

Frankiesurf
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
I have heard reports of a guy from Brasil in brooklyn outcasting everyone on the pier. I assume it is our own Brasilva they were talking about.

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
^^ That's him, Frankie, 100 yard casts with the conventional are no problem for this guy. :thumbsup:

He doesn't think it's a big deal though, he claims there are others who can cast that far as well. :lookhappy:

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Some pics of his plug boxes.
He had about 6 of them. :drool:
I'll post more when I get a chance.