PDA

View Full Version : Declining Herring

stripermania
03-16-2010, 10:37 PM
The more commercial fishing and netters they allow the worse this will become.

yJYGJJeHHcw

finchaser
03-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Those are sea herring the ones you use for bass are river herring which are also in trouble and will have a total moritorium on them in 2012.

baitstealer
03-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow finchaser I did not know that. I just put up a post asking how to keep herring this year because I am new at it and I dont want to waste them.
Even though I want to use them because guys tell me it is an insane bait to use for big bass, I would not do that if it was illegal. My question is, if they are in danger, why not make the moratorium now instead of 2010?:huh:

Also, why penalize the small guys when it seems with the herring that the commercial fishermen take most of them. I don't agree with a moratorium if they don't stop the commercial guys as well.

finchaser
03-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow finchaser I did not know that. I just put up a post asking how to keep herring this year because I am new at it and I dont want to waste them.
Even though I want to use them because guys tell me it is an insane bait to use for big bass, I would not do that if it was illegal. My question is, if they are in danger, why not make the moratorium now instead of 2010?:huh:

Also, why penalize the small guys when it seems with the herring that the commercial fishermen take most of them. I don't agree with a moratorium if they don't stop the commercial guys as well.

moritorium means no one fishes for them

finchaser
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Baitstealer I don't know if your from Jersey but if you are

1) you need a fresh water fishing license to catch them
2) no more than 3 hooks so if you use a sabiki rig you need to cut it in half

jigfreak
03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
No more bait pens for them either.:(
I know a few guys in SJ who are more than a little unhappy about that. Can people spell non-compliance here?:burn: