PDA

View Full Version : I gotta ask

surfstix1963
03-17-2010, 06:38 AM
OK Rich whats with the swans? maybe I missed something but I gots to know.:d

Pebbles
03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
This is the link to it commentary starts at post #10.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5524&highlight=swans

I think he is now known as the bird man or something like that. :don't know why:
I think we have Finchaser and Frankiesurf to thank for giving him that reputation. :eek:

stripercrazy
03-17-2010, 08:32 AM
I think he is now known as the bird man or something like that. :don't know why:
I think we have Finchaser and Frankiesurf to thank for giving him that reputation. :eek:

:laugh: :clapping::clapping: Good stuff!

surfstix1963
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Ok that explains that Thanks Pebbles.:d

HerringRollins
03-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Is this what he looks like?

The birdman of Alcatraz

bababooey
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I think he's more like a cartoon character, with lots of caffeine added to the mix.

Dark as birdman, the savior of swans.:ROFLMAO

Birdman (voiced by Keith Andes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Andes)) - An ordinary human endowed by the sun god Ra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra) (although this origin is only vaguely and briefly hinted at during the series; his real name is never mentioned) with the ability to shoot solar rays from his fists and project “solar shields” to defend himself against attacks. He was recruited by a top-secret government agency, Inter-Nation Security, and now works full-time fighting crime, assisted by his eagle sidekick Avenger.

In addition to the abilities he received from Ra, Birdman also possesses the power of flight, thanks to the giant wings which sprout from his back. His sole weakness is that he must periodically recharge his super powers through exposure to the sun’s rays. His trademark is his battle cry of "Biiiiirdman!!" when he goes into battle

Pebbles
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry your are both wrong he looks like this.

DarkSkies
03-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Man I'm just feelin the love on this site, eff ya's all. :2flip:

Thanks to the internet comedy of Finchaser and Frankiesurf, I can add a new title after my name, after "Protector of Truth and Justice on the internet." :kooky:

I coulda rolled with any of the following... "fish man", "bass man", "caffeine man"even "TURD man!"
But bird man?, and now the love of my life is joining the party by posting birdman pics. :don't know why:

Where's Jonthepain? I told ya's it was all downhill after ya hit 25. :rolleyes: Thanks for the laughs. :thumbsup:

finchaser
03-17-2010, 11:13 PM

So true and so it is SOS (savior of swans):clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'd still rather be OGB;)

surfstix1963
03-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Birdman now thats funny:laugh::laugh::d:d
I'm not sure if you know Rich but you may want to check this out:d Trumpeterswansociety.org.

Pic.#1 A nice pillow to lay your head down on and dream of swans:boring::boring::boring:
Pic.#2 Here birdie birdie want some food:dribble:
Pic.#3 And for $19.99 you can have one of these on your front yard just pay shppg. and handeling but if you call now we'll ship you two yes I said two just pay extra shppg.:d
Pic.#4 Ah its all in fun bottoms up:plastered:

Pebbles
03-18-2010, 08:39 AM

So true and so it is SOS (savior of swans):clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'd still rather be OGB;)

SOS I LOVE That. :ROFLMAO

jonthepain
03-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Where's Jonthepain?

pretending like he don't know you

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/hunter2.gif
where dem swans at?

hey look! i got me a black swan!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/025-1.jpg

bird man. BIRD man? ya gotta be kiddin me.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/larrybirdlarge.jpg

tho i gotta admit, 'bird man, savior of swans' does kinda have a nice ring to it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/birdman.jpg

SAA's new logo?:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/premier_swan.jpg

leave it to rich.:rolleyes:

finchaser
03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Birdman now thats funny:laugh::laugh::d:d
I'm not sure if you know Rich but you may want to check this out:d Trumpeterswansociety.org.

Pic.#1 A nice pillow to lay your head down on and dream of swans:boring::boring::boring:
Pic.#2 Here birdie birdie want some food:dribble:
Pic.#3 And for $19.99 you can have one of these on your front yard just pay shppg. and handeling but if you call now we'll ship you two yes I said two just pay extra shppg.:d
Pic.#4 Ah its all in fun bottoms up:plastered:

Hey SOS I have an old plug bag with the inserts removed, you could probably fit a loaf of stale bread in it. It has an out side pouch that would hold a camera. Would help greatly in a Pic#2 situation:lookhappy:

DarkSkies
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
I get no respect around here. :moon:
I do one thread because one of our members, Angelo- who has a slight handicap and appreciates fishing and all of God's beauty- calls me down there one day to see the migrating swans.

He wanted to share it with you mooks. I took the pics and posted it up for those who had an interest in wildlife beyond fishing.
And this is the thanks I get?? :ROFLMAO

I'd tell yas to go effumall again, but some of these pics and suggestions are so funny they're priceless. :clapping::clapping:

I can't remember laughing so hard, what's worse my sweetheart is in on it too. So I guess we'll just roll with it, I'm still laughing as I type this....:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

finchaser
03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I do one thread because one of our members, Angelo- who has a slight handicap and appreciates fishing and all of God's beauty- calls me down there one day to see the migrating swans.

He wanted to share it with you mooks. I took the pics and posted it up for those who had an interest in wildlife beyond fishing.

Very nice gesture, but you went back with out him more than once.

So your still SOS

basshunter
03-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey SOS I have an old plug bag with the inserts removed, you could probably fit a loaf of stale bread in it. It has an out side pouch that would hold a camera. Would help greatly in a Pic#2 situation:lookhappy:

:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

I'll supply the bread, SOS.

plugaholic
07-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Where do the swans go in the summer, are they singing on the swanee river?:rolleyes:

clamchucker
08-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I think people tend to romanticize swans. To me they resemble over-stuffed geese. I wish them well, but don't know what all the hoopla is about, swan lake, swan diving, all imply they are more elegant than they are. Picture them the color of geese, and you might not like them so much..

DarkSkies
08-18-2010, 08:30 PM
You guys just seem like you reach new heights of insanity with your swan accusations. :lookhappy:

I stopped by to see Finchaser last night. As I was leaving, he gave me this giant frikkin egg. :wow: Speedy told Finchaser to give it to me to use as a casting egg for pitching sandworms, or Surfstix flys, to weakfish. Finchaser painted it white. :beatin:

The only thing is....

It's about 5" long.
It's brilliant white, like a swan or goose egg.
It's frikkin huge!

It weighs like 2.7oz - most casting eggs are around 1 oz, and small enough to finesse the presentation.

I suppose I could use it for livelining adult bunker in the spring, or let it float out of inlets on the outgoing tide. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif

I suppose I could be grateful, and say,,, "Thanks Speedy and OGB!" :d

Instead, I'll just close with..... :moon:

bababooey
08-19-2010, 09:01 AM
If that was a real egg and it hatched, it would be swan-zilla!:laugh:

dogfish
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Very nice gesture, but you went back with out him more than once.

So your still SOS

:laugh: :clapping:

Monty
08-19-2010, 08:39 PM
You could cast that egg (artificial swan egg) near swans that are far away (2.7 oz is a great weight for long casts), a good presentation with a proper retrieve I am thinking could lure the swans into close range.....what you do with them then I guess is up to you. ;)

DarkSkies
08-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the (helpful :moon: ) advice, Monty. ;) :HappyWave:
For all the rest of ya's, Effumall. :plastered:

basshunter
12-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey Dark, how about a crane as a mascot?:laugh:

rockhopper
12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
:thumbsup: :clapping::clapping: :laugh:
HaHa Good one!

wish4fish
12-12-2010, 11:03 AM
rofl priceless, u should put up a pic of a loon cuz dark is def a looneybird lol.:kooky:

DarkSkies
10-15-2011, 07:20 PM
^ Thanks w4f, back at ya! :moon: :HappyWave:

Pebbles and I went to Fla a while ago. We were driving on a highway and came along a big traffic jam...it was a bunch of ducks trying to cross the road.

They were pretty stupid, couldn't make up their minds which side to run to.,...people were getting impatient, beeping horns, it was a zoo...

Rather than sit there and watch, I got out, stopped all the traffic,. and while thinking of how tasty broiled duck would be, let the little basstards cross the road....

I was wondering if I got back here and told the story, that would brand me a bird lover for life...Pebbles warned me not to post it, but ya's know I really don't care if ya like me any less cause of it.....

The highlight of that was when people realized what I was doing, I got some waves of support. there was even a surfer dude walking to work on the roadside who came up and said "Duuuude that was awesome, hope some good luck rains down on youuuuu! (With surfer accent) :ROFLMAO

mick2360
10-15-2011, 07:32 PM

I'd tell yas to go effumall again, but some of these pics and suggestions are so funny they're priceless. :clapping::clapping:I can't remember laughing so hard, what's worse my sweetheart is in on it too. So I guess we'll just roll with it, I'm still laughing as I type this....:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

Dark, It seems that you have conveniently forgotten about jamming on the breaks on the way out to montauk a couple of years ago so that you could take a picture of the giant freaking wooden duck. Then, a half hour later, there was the two hour break so you could do the interview with the nice young couple with their own delivery service. :don't know why:

Pebbles got off lucky that it was just a line of ducks holding up traffic. Wait until he runs into something that talks (instead of quacks) back, Pebbles! :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Pics of the flea-brained ducks I saved....:laugh:

Mick, I'm gonna have to be careful hanging out with ya in the future....seems you are a spy for the enemy..... or you know me too well.....you got me cold! Funny stuff!

basshunter
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM
The pied piper led the lemmings out of town, I think. Dark leads ducks to water. What an impressive thing to have on your resume, Dark.:kooky::HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Ok, you mooks, got something better for ya's today...
Pebbles' Mom sent me this, awesome......

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/

Also have been taking some shots of owls and hawks, will post when I get a chance...

jonthepain
10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
that's way cool. posted it on my facebook wall. thanks

jigfreak
10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Awesome, thanks for the link.

DarkSkies
10-22-2011, 06:57 PM
You know what I say, you mooks.....effumall....to ya's alll...

DarkSkies
10-22-2011, 07:03 PM
You know what I say, you mooks.....effumall....to ya's alll...:moon: :cool:

Here are some righteous shots, birds and wolves, Chatsworth NJ festival..

Red-tailed hawk...

Owl feet

Alaskan Timber wolf

DarkSkies
10-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Owl pic, I think Great Horned Owl...

storminsteve
10-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Now you're starting to find the cool birds, there may be hope for you yet!

hookset
02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Some turkey swans for Dark - snapped these the other day.

cowherder
08-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Now you're starting to find the cool birds, there may be hope for you yet!

Yeah but I think we're obligated to keep posting geese and swan pics in his honor. What are friends for?:laugh: :HappyWave:

cowherder
08-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Owl pic, I think Great Horned Owl...

Hope you know I'm just kidding ds, that is an awesome owl pic!:HappyWave:

cowherder
09-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I saw an owl one night out there this summer and didn't realize I had the pic of it. You said that's a great horned owl in the pic you posted, dark. Anyone have any idea what this one is? Sorry I couldn't get a face shot it flew off after I shot that one pic.

hookedonbass
07-19-2014, 02:21 PM
You guys have any ideas what this bird is?
18648 18649

plugcrazy
08-11-2014, 10:41 AM
It has a white head looks like a loon or sea duck. Other than that I have no idea. Nice shot of the inlet.