PDA

View Full Version : Do you Expect Profiling

SharkHart
03-22-2010, 07:42 AM
with the salt registry.........By profiling i mean they seem to focus on serious fisherman in general , I can see them checking around marinas and surf guys in warm and fuzzy areas BUT will they check some of those shady piers or jetties where poaching is common.

finchaser
03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
with the salt registry.........By profiling i mean they seem to focus on serious fisherman in general , I can see them checking around marinas and surf guys in warm and fuzzy areas BUT will they check some of those shady piers or jetties where poaching is common.

hope so but most is to be done by phone

gjb1969
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
it could happen :rolleyes:

DarkSkies
03-22-2010, 12:56 PM
BUT will they check some of those shady piers or jetties where poaching is common.

Shark, I was thinking about putting a thread up about this. Thanks for beating me to it. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine was fishing a dirty water area yesterday morning. As he was leaving, a DFG officer came up to him, checked his vehicle, cooler, and asked to see his NOAA card.

Some people have said they don't have the authority or won't do that. I wasn't sure either. So I'm glad to report that they are checking. I know there are only a few officers out there. Many people know that.

What makes me feel OK about some of these laws is that they will continue with the random inspections. The biggest gripe I have is that non-citizens will not be checked or cited for violations. This opens a huge area of resentment from guys who are obeying the law.

But least they're checking some people, or were yesterday. :clapping:

finchaser
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
The registry is a federal program for getting a better handle on whats being caught to aid NOAA, it gives them a list instead of making random phone calls. It really has nothing to do with DFG to the best of my knowledge. Read the back of the card it says for surveys nothing about law enforcement, unless the state has figured out another way to make money:rolleyes:

storminsteve
03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
They can stop and check me anytime. Not checking the immigrants, not so good.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

SharkHart
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
One time In ocea city I had a fish meaured that was extra fat and about three inches over the size. There is a shady area about 2 miles away in Longport that poaching is bad. I suggested to the officers that they go over there. He said something to me like No way its not safe. I guess i looked like a pushover :scared: Or perhaps IF someone who looks like me gets caught do i look like i might actually pay the fine?? Its these kinda things im thinking about. if they check all over equally they will find some shorts in buckets too.