PDA

View Full Version : Report: Paddlesport

DarkSkies
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Just a head's up on the Paddlesport show this weekend, guys and girls. It's one of the largest kayak and kayak gear shows on the East Coast. :wow:

It's a good chance to check out all the latest gadgets, kayaks, and techniques. Some of the most notable people in the field will be down there to answer your questions.

DarkSkies
03-26-2010, 07:40 PM
The East Coast's Largest Kayak, Canoe, and Outdoor Show!

presented by
The Jersey Paddler

March 26 - March 28 2010

Friday, March 26th Noon-9 pm
Saturday, March 27th 9 am-6 pm
Sunday, March 28th 10 am-4:30 pm

Garden State Exhibit Center, Somerset, New Jersey

Admission is only $10 and FREE for children under 14

Mark your calendars for The Jersey Paddler's Paddlesport Show - the largest canoe & kayak show on the East Coast. The show features manufacturers of kayaks, canoes, accessories, sportswear, paddling clubs professional instruction and expeditions, as well as lectures and video and slide shows of paddling trips, expeditions and paddling techniques.

Paddlesport hosts over 100 vendors including the top names in paddle sports such as Perception, Dagger, Ocean Kayak, Wilderness Systems, Mad River Canoe, Old Town and much more! Also attending will be many outdoor gear and clothing manufacturers such as Life Is Good, RailRiders, Teva, Kokatat and Chota, just to name a few.

Throughout the weekend there will be a variety of informative and entertaining seminars and demonstrations from experts in the industry. From novice to expert, whether you attend to learn or to buy, don't miss the chance to take advantage of professional advice and great show pricing.

The Garden State Exhibit Center, in Somerset, NJ is a 70,000 square foot facility making PaddleSport the biggestshow on the East Coast. It is conveniently located off of I-287 Exit 10, a 45 minute drive from Manhattan, one hour from Center City Philadelphia, and within easy reach of the Garden State Parkway and the New Jersey Turnpike.

"Admission is only $10 and FREE for children under 14" :clapping::clapping:
IMO this is one of the best moves they could have made. These are tough economic times. The promoters that make it affordable for families to bring their children are the ones that will be remembered fondly.

I wish more of the show and seminar leaders would take the hint from this and follow suit. I'd bet their increased attendance numbers would more than make up for the lack of revenue from charging the families for that "extra" child. :thumbsup:

jigfreak
03-27-2010, 08:39 AM
I might hit that up today. Last year was a blast.

storminsteve
03-20-2013, 07:38 AM
paddlesport this weekend I'm going!

Paddlesport Kayak Canoe Kayak Fishing Show
Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24
Admission $10 for adults;
children 14 & under free
(cash/check at the show)
At the Garden State Exhibit Center
50 Atrium Dr, Somerset NJ 08873
Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gl=us&daddr=50+Atrium+Dr,+Somerset,+NJ,+NJ+08873&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,40.538147,-74.520866&cid=0,0,12129398651158905045&hq=paddlesport&hnear=0x89c0fb959e00409f:0x2cd27b07f83f6d8d,New+Je rsey) Write a review (https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?hl=en&gpsls=LOCAL&service=oz&continue=https://plus.google.com/112158371597522609127/about?hl%3Den%26review%3D1%26socpid%3D1%26socfid%3 Dweb:lu:kp:writeareview)

Friday

12pm-9pm

Saturday

9am-6pm

Sunday

10am-4:30pm

DarkSkies
03-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Tremendous amount of traffic at that show today.
Met some cool people.....shout out to Frank from Bergen County,,:HappyWave:,and some others whose names I forgot already....:bucktooth:.....a wealth of information there,,,,,anyone who wants to learn, it's still on for tomorrow.

storminsteve
03-24-2013, 11:42 AM
That was an awesome show dark. Thanks for the encouragement to go. Learned a lot and may pick up a yak this season. Not sure if I'm going the new or used route. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. The different things I saw yesterday were eye opening. So many ways to rig, tons of safety features. On a side note, never saw so many jeeps, scions, subarus, and honda crvs and pilots in one place. Is that the preferred choice for transporting a yak?