PDA

View Full Version : Do lights attract fish?

skinner
03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I was reading a web site that was selling different underwater lights to attract fish. I always thought that light scared the fish down. That is why we have red bulbs on our headlamps, or turn away from the water if we don't.

Have I been thinking wrong all along?

gjb1969
03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
the lights will bring in bait that the bigger fish will feed on the light will make fish swarm now all u have to do is get some of the bait fish and fish the out side of the bait ball andu should get fish:fishing:

surfstix1963
03-28-2010, 05:08 PM
What he said^^^ fish the shadow line.

surferman
03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
And also the biggest thing to spook the fish is the sudden light and the noise. There are fish by bridges with the noise all the time and they get used to it. The stealth part is when you come up on them, too much light or noise at one time will spook them.

clamchucker
08-07-2010, 05:13 PM
It's part of a cycle. Docks or bridges that are lighted draw baitfish which feed on the pilings and also use them for safety. The predators know that and are drawn to them as well. When the predator fish are drawn to these places, they tend to stay away from the brightest areas, or in the shadow line, as was mentioned. That's where you should look for your bugger fish.