PDA

View Full Version : Asbury Park - A new face?

DarkSkies
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Lots of changes down there, some I probably won't be happy with. I'm kinda selfish about that place. It bothers me that we as fishermen have to be kicked off the beach by a certain time and there are more and more places where we'll have to pay for parking. :burn:

As they say, there's no stopping progress. :don't know why:
We'll have to adjust with the changes or go somewhere else.

Personally, I was happier when that place was a war zone and people avoided it like the plague. :scared:

After seeing all the activity there this past Easter Sunday,, I realized those days are waning fast.

So let's hear some opinions of the new Asbury. Share some pics and feedback. We already have a thread here on the old Asbury and the memories.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=958
I'd like to leave that thread for the nostalgia, and this one for the new stuff. Feel free to post up. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
04-08-2010, 08:49 AM

finchaser
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Deal loves them so much they are issuing $400 fines if caught changing in or out of a wet suit in the street. :lookhappy:

fishinmission78
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
The only thing that didnt change is the amount of bone smugglers out in the 8th ave lot at night.

clamchucker
04-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope they can revitalize that town. Folks gave up on it for awhile back in the 1970's.

ledhead36
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
What they need to change is the Asbury parking, the one with all the holes.

I think it is kept there to help deter the undesirables from picking up their nightly booty call.

I changed my mind leave it alone. Don't fix it, I'll deal with the holes.

storminsteve
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
The only thing that didnt change is the amount of bone smugglers out in the 8th ave lot at night.

What they need to change is the Asbury parking, the one with all the holes.

I think it is kept there to help deter the undesirables from picking up their nightly booty call.

I changed my mind leave it alone. Don't fix it, I'll deal with the holes.

Umm, ledhead I think that parking lot IS for the bone smugglers, rainbows and pink clouds abound there. I fished there a few times but that place is infested with freaks.:scared:

bababooey
07-18-2016, 09:58 PM
it was just named one of the best beaches in New Jersey. I'm sorry but I would never go there much prefer the Ocean County beaches.
https://omj.com/2016/07/05/asbury-park-cape-may-thrillist-best-beach-cities-america/

surferman
07-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Have to agree, been to Asbury one time. Looks very seedy. Cape May beaches are way better.