PDA

View Full Version : How do you store them?

ledhead36
04-10-2010, 09:12 AM
I am reorganizing my basement. I currently have my rods leaning against the wall. I was thinking of getting some sort of rod holder either for the ceiling or the wall.

Do you have any suggestion on how I should store them?
How do you store your rods?

vpass
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm planning to hanging the rods on my garage wall. I have a few older rod that took a bend from leaning against the wall to long. :eek:

rip316
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I saw this kind of setup in a guys garage. Ill explain it the best I can. Run 2 1x2's parellel to each other. Take inch or 2 inch sturdy pipe cover (FOAM) if you know what it is. Cut the foam lengthwise so it will bend open. cCut the pieces i would say in 2" pieces and screw them into the wood. The rod will sit in the foam. I hope you guys get the jist of what I am saying here. I am going to do it myself. Real cheap way of hanging your rods.

Frankiesurf
04-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Mine were leaning in the garage also. I found a towel rack in the garage that my wife of course needed to keep even though she would never use it again. I mounted it and now it hangs about six rods.

My buddy has three 1x6's with cutouts towards the outer edge that he did with a holesaw. Depending on how many rods just cut out that many holes and they all hang horizontally. Neat and out of the way.

jonthepain
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
i have a couple of buckets full of surf rod holders with rods stuck in them; the rest are on nails along the wall

surfstix1963
04-11-2010, 06:05 AM
I bought a set of the hanging rod racks from Cabelas(adj. strap kind) for the inside of a truck and mounted them on the ceiling of the basement I think it holds 7 rods.The key is placement,if you have low ceilings or you are tall that can be a problem and also placing them where you won't be walking into them and of course the length of surf rods I break mine down.I put mine over my flytying bench so I can reach them when needed but they are out of the way and don't get banged around.Of course there are a hundred different ways to build your own this works for me if your a rod junkie you will need more I've got 2 more to hang and then they all will be hanging.I also screwed in 2 large hooks into the side of the joist to hang the balance of my wife and kids conventionals up.

Frankiesurf
04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Cabelas has a few pretty inexpensive options. Just go there and search Rod Storage