PDA

View Full Version : Dunked my phone in the water the other night

DarkSkies
04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
My phone got wet the other night, lost a lot of my contacts. :embarassed:

If you called me and I didn't call back, please don't take it personally. The way my phone works is the caller ID# sometimes disappears after I check the voicemail. :don't know why:

I have a few sheets of paper with all my phone #s on it, but in the meantime, please leave your phone # on any voice messages you send me until I get a chance to re-build my address book.

For anyone who wants to avoid the dork-moves I made, there is a service from Verizon that logs in your address book online as you make the calls. That way you never have to worry about rebuilding your address book like I now do. :bucktooth:

It's a free service, and available for most of the phones out there. Go into the Verizon store the next chance ya get and ask them about it. Hopfully someone can learn from my goofy mistake.

DarkSkies
04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
* And thanks to Finchaser's girlfriend for donating a new phone (complete with charger, long-life battery and earpiece) to the DarkSkies fund so I didn't have to buy a new one! :clapping: :thumbsup:

rip316
04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
That's real nice to hear. See Rich, you did something nice for someone and someone did something nice for you. the way it ought to be.

gjb1969
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
man i just saw this and i was going to say not the new phone :burn: but its the old one you are refering to dude u need to keep your phone a ziplock bag wont get wet and it will float so u can see if u drop it:HappyWave:

finchaser
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
* And thanks to Finchaser's girlfriend for donating a new phone (complete with charger, long-life battery and earpiece) to the DarkSkies fund so I didn't have to buy a new one! :clapping: :thumbsup:

Yeah now I have to talk to you again.

All cell phones just recieve a # if call comes fron a cell phone unless# is in your contacts list
Phone # from a land phone leave a name and #

SOS is New School can't fish with out a cell phone

Would't it be great if bass had phones and could call people and tell them where to throw clams.