PDA

View Full Version : Park rangers are checking

cardoc765
04-13-2010, 02:24 PM
To all you out there, make sure you are registered and have your registrations with you. Mrs Cardoc and I were checked 2 nights ago where we usually fish. The ranger was really nice to us and informative. It was cool to meet him.

Anyone else get checked yet? It makes me happy that they are out there. Its the 2nd time now that I have seen this one in particular. He is also checking fish sizes as well. Maybe this will keep poachers from keeping short fish.

gjb1969
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
they will still keep the small fish:rolleyes:

DarkSkies
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
It makes me happy that they are out there. Its the 2nd time now that I have seen this one in particular. He is also checking fish sizes as well. Maybe this will keep poachers from keeping short fish.
Makes me happy to hear that too, Cardoc.

Rumor has it that NY DEC is more aggressive and visible out there. I'm just happy to hear about anyone who gets checked. I always anticipate getting stopped while out fishing, am happy to comply with their requests, and glad to hear they're around. :clapping:

I hate the fact that people will keep short fish as well, G. At least the presence of DFG CO's will keep people aware and on their toes.

hookedonbass
04-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I've been out a few times but have yet to be checked. I all registered and ready to go.

DarkSkies
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
The amount of people fishing the back bays has dwindled to a trickle during these summer doldrums. Don't let that fool ya, the DEP is still making the rounds.

Piers, docks, beaches, they're out there and writing citations. I got a few calls over the last week from guys who have been stopped and checked.

In one instance the NJ CO's saw the guy come back in his boat to the dock, but didn't show up there, they came to his house to check his catch.

There may be more to that story, I'm only reporting what I was told.

I can tell you that the guy that was checked didn't fit the "ethnic profile" of what many people on internet sites feel violators "should" look like, and he got checked anyway.

Good for the DEP and the NJ Conservation officers. :clapping: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They're doing their job, despite poor budget funding and responsibilities for large coverage areas.

It saddens me that when people talk about fishing violations, many times they single out specific ethnic groups, as if that particular group was the only group committing violations. I've met violators from all walks of life. Some real sneaky ones who you would never suspect, who flat out deny violations or use some twisted logic to justify it. :2flip:

When Pebbles and I went kayaking last week, we got confronted, and they accepted my word without checking because I had the licenses in the car. I went back specifically to show them.

Please, when you see these officers out there, if you appreciate the concept of...and justice for all...let them know you're happy to see them, and thank them for their efforts.

It ain't easy what they do, doing it day after day, with not too much respect from fishermen. Thanks for all you do, guys and gals who are CO's. :clapping::clapping:

storminsteve
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree poachers suck no matter who they are. The CO guys do a fantastic job.:clapping::clapping::clapping: