PDA

View Full Version : What do you do...

surfwalker
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM
...with your left over fresh clams when you leave the beach?

While walking the wetline this morning in the dark, I stumbled over probably 50 fresh clams that someone obviously dumped there. It was an area that hardly any bait guys venture, so no one was going to use them. I've run across this many times.

Are they too lazy to carry them back? Too lazy to shuck 'em and salt them for future trips? Have an endless supply of coin?

I grabbed some of the meat for the salt bag. Not really into the bait thing. Maybe it was this persons only trip down, don't know/don't understand it.

surfstix1963
04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
If your not going to salt them and use them in the future or know someone that will use them toss them in the water.

finchaser
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
If your not going to salt them and use them in the future or know someone that will use them toss them in the water.

what he said thta's what i'd do if I fished clams

GeoffT
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
That's why I don't clam anymore and haven't for a few years now. Less worry about what to do with leftover clams. :HappyWave:

storminsteve
04-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Are they too lazy to carry them back? Too lazy to shuck 'em and salt them for future trips? Have an endless supply of coin?

Sometimes I see that guys leave them on the beach for others to use, or they leave cut up bunker when they only use the head. I think this is ok, and use the bunker if the birds don't get to it first. You're right though surfwalker, especially if they leave it in the parking lots. There are a lot of lazy fishermen around.

gjb1969
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
clams i just shuck and put in the fridge bunker that gets frozen solid so i know i will use it till its gone

williehookem
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I can't stand seeing rotting clams either. I will take a few after a storm and salt them up in the freezer, though.