PDA

View Full Version : First Batch done

surfstix1963
04-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Some you have probably seen some maybe not they are finally done now I just have to wait to use them.Except for my needle I will probably paint it today.

surfwalker
04-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Looking great, as usual.

surfstix1963
04-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks Surfwalker much appreciated.

DarkSkies
04-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Man you really challenged yourself, lots of different styles there. :lookhappy:
They turned out great. Very nice work. :thumbsup:

rip316
04-19-2010, 09:22 AM
beautiful work. You could have made a killing selling them at the Asbury Show.

CharlieTuna
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Beautiful,:thumbsup:

finchaser
04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
very nice wish I could paint like that:clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

surfstix1963
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks to all of you for the kind comments,actually I never airbrushed in my life so i bought one because of some hair brain idea boredom does that to you and did some repaints of old plugs I had around didn't come out great but bluefish don't know that then I got some kits and the first one I did boy what a train wreck that was:eek:.But I didn't give up and kept trying and to be quite honest I never thought they would turn out like they did they are still not 100% and probably never will be but thats ok w/ me.I still don't know wheather or not they will fall apart in the water thats the final test (because I can't fish) that remains to be seen if that doesn't happen then I guess I did something right my grandfather always told me you learn by your mistakes can't say he was wrong.

speedy
04-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks to all of you for the kind comments,actually I never airbrushed in my life so i bought one because of some hair brain idea boredom does that to you and did some repaints of old plugs I had around didn't come out great but bluefish don't know that then I got some kits and the first one I did boy what a train wreck that was:eek:.But I didn't give up and kept trying and to be quite honest I never thought they would turn out like they did they are still not 100% and probably never will be but thats ok w/ me.I still don't know wheather or not they will fall apart in the water thats the final test (because I can't fish) that remains to be seen if that doesn't happen then I guess I did something right my grandfather always told me you learn by your mistakes can't say he was wrong.

very nice plugs and the saying is true you dont know how many plugs i have drilled wrong and cut wrong till i got my feet wet :clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup::naughty:

surfstix1963
04-30-2010, 05:22 AM
I understand what your saying Speedy I don't think we ever stop making mistakes just get a better at preventing them I don't turn mine yet haven't gone down that avenue these are kits but it was still a learning experience I have another set primed now getting ready for the final sanding and paint.:HappyWave: