PDA

View Full Version : Speedy

buckethead
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Tell us about the fishing you do. Do you mainly fish the surf or are you a boat guy?

speedy
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Tell us about the fishing you do. Do you mainly fish the surf or are you a boat guy?
all surf fishing i feel you must work for your catch the surf is great way to get the big cows

speedy
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
sorry for the miss spelling. now getting back to the surf fishing
its all about making a plug . working on it for aday or so then taking it to the surf to see how it works .. the biggest high is to land a big fish on the the plug you just made :D:D:D now thats fishing my freind....

Pebbles
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
AHHHH a plug builder! Do you have any pictures? Welcome to the site.:HappyWave:

speedy
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
AHHHH a plug builder! Do you have any pictures? Welcome to the site.:HappyWave:
yes i do but computers are not my thing:don't know why:

surfstix1963
04-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome Speedy this is a great site.

dogfish
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
:HappyWave:Welcome speedy, cool name, lots of good folks here. Look forward to seeing pics of your plugs.

porgy75
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
sorry for the miss spelling. now getting back to the surf fishing
its all about making a plug . working on it for aday or so then taking it to the surf to see how it works .. the biggest high is to land a big fish on the the plug you just made :D:D:D now thats fishing my freind....

Hey speedy welcome to Stripers and Anglers! There are a great bunch of fishermen here, and they have helped a beginner like me. From your words you seem like you are pretty advanced. Thanks for describing what plug making is like for you, and then catching a fish with your own plug you built. That must be an intense thrill. I enjoyed reading it.

7deadlyplugs
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Welcome aboard speedy!

DarkSkies
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
yes i do but computers are not my thing:don't know why:

Hey Speedy, welcome aboard, and thanks for jumping in already to help others. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

speedy
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey speedy welcome to Stripers and Anglers! There are a great bunch of fishermen here, and they have helped a beginner like me. From your words you seem like you are pretty advanced. Thanks for describing what plug making is like for you, and then catching a fish with your own plug you built. That must be an intense thrill. I enjoyed reading it.
yes it very intense fun to if your in to making surf plugs you can use a drill press its not fun but it works . to start off till you get your feet wet i cut alot of plug in half because they did not work right it makes you think what can i do to make the plug work better its a lot of fun

if you need some tips on making plugs i am here its not that hard :rolleyes::d

jigfreak
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey Speedy what's up, welcome.:HappyWave:

speedy
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
hi how you doing thank you

crosseyedbass
04-25-2010, 07:08 AM
yes it very intense fun to if your in to making surf plugs you can use a drill press its not fun but it works . to start off till you get your feet wet i cut alot of plug in half because they did not work right it makes you think what can i do to make the plug work better its a lot of fun

if you need some tips on making plugs i am here its not that hard :rolleyes::d

Thanks for the info, I checked out some of your plugs they are sweet! Welcome. :HappyWave:

bluesdude71
04-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Welcome to S&A speedy!

speedy
04-25-2010, 09:57 AM
thanks this site is great

speedy
04-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info, I checked out some of your plugs they are sweet! Welcome. :HappyWave:
thanks i try but i am not like some of the plug builders i have a lot to learn its a hit and miss game . my plug are one of a kind
they are made one at a time i dont have the set up that makes more than one plug at atime but i try to make them the same
i have a good eye if i see a plug i like just by looking at it
i come very close not the best but i try hard to be

thanks speedy:naughty:

storminsteve
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi and welcome! Very cool work speedy, is that a spook or a needlefish?

speedy
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
a fat needlefish

vpass
04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Speedy, Welcome aboard. :HappyWave:That is a nice looking Plug. Do you Hand carve or use a Lathe? I'm looking to get into making some oneday soon.:drool:

speedy
04-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Speedy, Welcome aboard. :HappyWave:That is a nice looking Plug. Do you Hand carve or use a Lathe? I'm looking to get into making some oneday soon.:drool:
a lathe i make them one at a time:naughty:

surferman
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
:HappyWave:Welcome aboard speedy! a lot of good folks here. Beautiful work on those plugs.

speedy
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
thank you