PDA

View Full Version : I received this great surprise!

Pebbles
04-25-2010, 10:58 AM
And what did my wondering eyes appear,
but a nice package,
which brought me great cheer!

All wrapped up in plastic,
With colors so dear,
and notes of good tidings,
put a smile ear to ear.

The hooks were a ringing,
the metal was gleaming,
The pink, the yellow, and the tails,
sent me wheeling.

The metal lip swimmer,
to go with my rod,
is one to be treasured
from a true fishing god.

my heart was a warming,
at a thought so endearing.
How could I thank you,
my dear surfstick for giving!

surfstix1963
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow Pebbles that was the best Thank You that I ever received. I hope you enjoy and hopefully it will catch some fish just a little something to go w/ the new rod and a Thank You to Rich and yourself for a great site.This is my first attempt at plugs so I'm hoping everything goes well with them.You are more than Welcome and enjoy.Tight Lines.:HappyWave:

surferman
04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
That was a great poem Pebbles, I bet you would write the best greeting cards. Very nice of Surfstix as well.:clapping:

surfstix1963
04-26-2010, 05:51 AM
Yes a very nice poem and as I mentioned probably the best Thank You I have ever gotten. Kim and Rich pour their hearts into the site to make it what it has become and I am Thankful for that.It's almost like an extended family here (even the swans:d lol) as far as I am concerned. As far as the pkg. goes thats well deserved in my book and I will do it again I believe in "Paying it Forward" if everyone did something for someone else in this world it would be a lot nicer place to be I was raised old school and one hand washes the other even when I help someone and it doesn't seem appreciated in my mind I know what I did and feel good about it.Thats what keeps me going.

DarkSkies
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Surfstix, that was extremely generous and thoughtful of you. But your words are too much, I'm getting choked up reading them. ;) :HappyWave:

You're a thoughtful guy, that's probably the way you were raised.

I kept that secret about the package from Pebbles until she made it to the PO Box. The look on her face when she opened the package was priceless. I took some pics and will post up when I get a chance to download them.

So thanks for everything, the plugs, the hook sharpener you made, the teasers. But most of all for the words above. :thumbsup:

I'm glad people appreciate the mellow vibe and helpful environment we're putting out here. Thank you for being a part of our family. :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know the extent it takes to run this site we all just sit here and type yourself and Kim have to sort through it all I can't imagine how much time it takes out of your personal lives to do this and I appreciate it.That pkg. was just a small Thank You for all you have done for me and that came in pretty damn handy sometimes w/o getting into it too much and if there is anything I can do for you please ask.:HappyWave:

finchaser
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
:thumbsup:Great poem for a great guy (SS).She puts allot of heart and effort into her poems. I know the thank you she sent me for the rod was the nicest thank you note I ever received. To Pebbles:kiss:

plugginpete
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
That was a very nice gesture surfstix. I have read a lot of your posts lately. You put up a lot of good advice about reading the water. Thanks for taking the time to share. And you're right, Darkskies and Pebbles must work very hard. This is a nice sight and I like coming to it because there are no arguments or pissing contests. Thanks everyone. :clapping: :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
04-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Thanks Fin and Pete this is a really great site more than I can say for most others.

DarkSkies
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
This is the kind of guy Surfstix is.
(hope I'm not embarassing ya too much) :HappyWave:

speedy
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
very nice kim you have a way with words nice

Pebbles
04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks, I owe it all to surfstix, for sending me that great swimmer!

clamchucker
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
That was a very nice gesture surfstix. Dark and Pebbles do a great job running this site and I am happy to help the young folks here when I can.

bababooey
04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
That was a very nice gesture surfstix. Dark and Pebbles do a great job running this site and I am happy to help the young folks here when I can.

X2, though I do think Dark looks a little unbalanced IRL.:d :HappyWave:
Good mojo on you surfstix.

surfstix1963
04-30-2010, 05:15 AM
This is the kind of guy Surfstix is.
(hope I'm not embarassing ya too much) :HappyWave:

I'm not that easily embarrassed Rich you and Kim deserve it.

DarkSkies
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
First chance I had to put these up, Surf! :HappyWave:

Pebbles, I got permission to use them. Surfstix, Pebbles was worried about the bluefish tearing them up, :scared: but I guess he doesn't mind, so we'll put em to the test, hopefully next time we're out.

Thanks again for the beautiful work! :clapping:

DarkSkies
05-05-2010, 09:12 PM
The "Surfstix plugs Pebbles Special"

surfstix1963
05-06-2010, 05:28 AM
First chance I had to put these up, Surf! :HappyWave:

Pebbles, I got permission to use them. Surfstix, Pebbles was worried about the bluefish tearing them up, :scared: but I guess he doesn't mind, so we'll put em to the test, hopefully next time we're out.

Thanks again for the beautiful work! :clapping:

Hey Rich thats what they are for I need a tester to see how they will hold up and swim(may need some fine tuning if you want them to swim a little deeper just do the bending of the wire loop) I'll make Kim another if it gets chewed up no problem the blues will probably like hers but that color combo has done in some bass and weakies for me in the past.Go tear them up (pics):d

speedy
05-06-2010, 09:17 PM
great looking plugs surfstix nice work man very nice

surfstix1963
05-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks Speedy.Maybe next year I'll graduate to a lathe and do it from scratch I'll have to see how things go.

DarkSkies
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
They even catch crabs! :laugh:

Surf I told ya we didn't catch anything with your plugs yet.
In the spirit of honesty, I have to reveal that isn't quite true,,,Pebbles did catch something... ;)

We only used them that one night because I thought we might have a shot at some bass and I knew we wouldn't lose them...we will continue to use those plugs in more optimal settings, and do our best to get some teeth marks on em for ya!

We're getting into the weeks when large ML swimmers are a good choice, so we may have some good results soon. :HappyWave:

speedy
06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
They even catch crabs! :laugh:

Surf I told ya we didn't catch anything with your plugs yet.
In the spirit of honesty, I have to reveal that isn't quite true,,,Pebbles did catch something... ;)

We only used them that one night because I thought we might have a shot at some bass and I knew we wouldn't lose them...we will continue to use those plugs in more optimal settings, and do our best to get some teeth marks on em for ya.

We're getting into the weeks when large ML swimmers are a good choice, so we may have some good results soon. :HappyWave: girly crab she s a mommy crab

surfstix1963
06-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Well at least it caught something are you fishing on the flats?:d