PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyment / Satisfaction

surfwalker
04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I enjoy catching Bass in a blitz situation. But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

In a blitz situation, I should be catching, and if not, then it’s on me, I’m doing something wrong.

Naturally I would like to catch every time out, but in a random cast the rush for me just seems more intense.

Again, there’s no judgment call here, whatever way you like. Just curious.

DarkSkies
04-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Last night I was satisfied each time I hooked a bluefish because the water was still cold and they were very lethargic and picky.

I enjoy fishing whether I catch or not. The satisfaction for me comes from fooling a fish on an artificial and figuring out what works for that specific night, as time after time I find that what worked yesterday doesn't always work today. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif

Monty
04-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Surfwalker :HappyWave: I agree 100% with you.
I feel I acomplished more, skill wise getting a fish in tough conditions. No dought, a bigger rush, sense of accomplishment.
Catching lots of fish is fun, for me, catching one or a few bass when not a lot are caught gives me more satisfaction that I used my skills or increased my skills.

gjb1969
04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
i just enjoy the outdoors fish or no fish i am good when i am out its very relaxing for me and that is what i need some time so if i get fish its a bouns:fishing::HappyWave:

clamchucker
04-30-2010, 04:26 PM
I enjoy catching Bass in a blitz situation. But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

Surfwalker at my age satisfaction for me is waking up and finding out I am still alive and can fish a few more days. I enjoy all aspects of fishing, most important to me now is taking the young folks fishing. I love taking the grandchildren and seeing their faces light up as they catch.

jigfreak
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I get enjoyment finding fish right under peoples noses.

baitstealer
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
In a blitz situation, I should be catching, and if not, then it’s on me, I’m doing something wrong.

Naturally I would like to catch every time out, but in a random cast the rush for me just seems more intense.

Again, there’s no judgment call here, whatever way you like. Just curious.

I haven't seen too many of what you would call blitzes in my short fishing career. Sometimes the birds and bait come in when I am there but this spring i have not seen anything resembling a blitz. I go out there to relax and enjoy the beach. I hope to catch a nice bass but am not disappointed if I don't. good luck to all

hookset
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

I agree. I think the challenge is what makes it interesting. There are no guarantees in fishing.

stripercrazy
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
The thrill of the hunt, is better than the chase. Isn't that in a song somewhere?

surferman
03-07-2017, 09:00 AM
i just enjoy the outdoors fish or no fish i am good when i am out its very relaxing for me and that is what i need some time so if i get fish its a bouns:fishing::HappyWave:
X2

cowherder
03-07-2017, 09:09 AM
There is nothing like breathing in that salt air and hearing the waves crashing against the beach. If you could bottle that and sell it you would be a millionaire.

stripermania
03-11-2017, 07:41 AM
catching one or a few bass when not a lot are caught gives me more satisfaction that I used my skills or increased my skills.

+1