PDA

View Full Version : You all must read this thread about pebble beach

cardoc765
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
This is incredible when it comes to fishing management. I'm so happy it happened and yet pissed that people go out and take more fish than allowed.

Found this on another site:
ran into the same officer this morning and he nailed one guy with 6 bass 5 were over 33 inches and 1 was a 27 incher
he caught the guy at pebble beach around 4 am and the guy also got a trespasing ticket among the $150 per fish
i learned that the fish that were confiscated go to local food banks and those fines go toward the wildlife preservation

isn't that some s__t.

joesfishinproblem
05-04-2010, 05:31 PM
well i think the trespass signs suck but f that guy with those all the fish i wish it was 500 bucks a fish...the game warden brian scott is a good officer i know him well i am glad he caught that a hole...i was fishing in SI the other day and saw a guy TRY to keep a 18 inch fish..he was not very happy when i took it from him and through it back..he didnt wanna get an *** beating over a fish i guess lol :2flip::2flip::2flip:

jfp

Pebbles
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I love to hear when guys get caught. I wonder if it ever really changes their behavior?

cardoc765
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
wtg jfp. i would have walked over as i usually do when i think its a short and made him throw it back by putting the fear of God in him telling him the warden comes around every 15 minutes or something. and then lectured him on why its wrong to keep shorts. Lots of a holes this year out. w t f

DarkSkies
05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
i am glad he caught that a hole...i was fishing in SI the other day and saw a guy TRY to keep a 18 inch fish..he was not very happy when i took it from him and through it back..he didnt wanna get an *** beating over a fish i guess lol :2flip::2flip::2flip:
jfp

Now there are those out there who would give you grief for getting involved Joe. But what you did makes sense to me. :thumbsup: WTG, Joe. :clapping:

Too many people rant about littering, keeping shorts, etc, and they rant on the internet. :don't know why:
When it happens they do nothing to let the offenders know it's unacceptable.

Meanwhile, you took that fish and tossed it back.

And if went down like I think it did, when he saw that :kooky: look in your eye, he knew that he was wrong, and not protesting what you did would be a good survival technique... :laugh:

I did the same thing in a bay area about a month ago, guy got a 26" fish and was fumbling around finding a tape. He kept saying it was a keeper, I knew it wasn't. I "helped" him by measuring it quickly. His eyes still popped out of his head when I tossed it back. ;)

I don't care, if he had that fish on the ground for 5 minutes measuring it it would have been dead when he tossed it back.

I'm not asking or encouraging anyone to do what Joe or I did, but for Pete's sake speak up about it and let them know it's wrong and they will get fined. If ya can't do that at least pick up the phone and describe the offender, their physical description, and license plate if possible to the DFG.

Make the call, and do your part.
The DFG guys are always lookin for quality intel. In addition to Clinton, Brian is a good guy, and the others are too. I have most of their cell phone #s for those who want to pass along quality intel anonymously. Anyone can PM me at any time for these #s.

And thanks for bringing this to our attention Cardoc. :thumbsup:

storminsteve
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
well i think the trespass signs suck but f that guy with those all the fish i wish it was 500 bucks a fish...the game warden brian scott is a good officer i know him well i am glad he caught that a hole...i was fishing in SI the other day and saw a guy TRY to keep a 18 inch fish..he was not very happy when i took it from him and through it back..he didnt wanna get an *** beating over a fish i guess lol :2flip::2flip::2flip:
jfp

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I love to hear when guys get caught. I wonder if it ever really changes their behavior?

Maybe not but getting caught and fined a few times has to be some kind of a lesson.

cowherder
04-13-2013, 06:13 PM
This is incredible when it comes to fishing management. I'm so happy it happened and yet pissed that people go out and take more fish than allowed.

Found this on another site:
ran into the same officer this morning and he nailed one guy with 6 bass 5 were over 33 inches and 1 was a 27 incher
he caught the guy at pebble beach around 4 am and the guy also got a trespasing ticket among the $150 per fish
i learned that the fish that were confiscated go to local food banks and those fines go toward the wildlife preservation

isn't that some s__t.

I saw the same thing today a guy got caught with a short and got a ticket! so happy to see it woo hoo! :clapping:

cowherder
04-13-2013, 06:14 PM
well i think the trespass signs **** but f that guy with those all the fish i wish it was 500 bucks a fish...the game warden brian scott is a good officer i know him well i am glad he caught that a hole...i was fishing in SI the other day and saw a guy TRY to keep a 18 inch fish..he was not very happy when i took it from him and through it back..he didnt wanna get an *** beating over a fish i guess lol :2flip::2flip::2flip:

jfp

:clapping:kudos to you joe that sounds like something dark would do.

ledhead36
06-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Hey fellas if you see anyone littering or keeping shorts in the UB area please call the police or nj F&G. There is one guy really trying to make a difference.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7689-Littering-and-the-loss-of-fishing-areas!!!!!&p=86730#post86730 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7689-Littering-and-the-loss-of-fishing-areas%21%21%21%21%21&p=86730#post86730)
We should try to help him. every phone call helps.
UB police
650 Poole Ave #1
Union Beach, NJ
(732) 264-0313

Fish and game
NJ Operation Game Thief - 800-222-0456

NJ Poaching violations report (24hr hotline)
(877)-927-6337

South Jersey Warden -
609-748-2050

Cape May county
609-743-1149

Sandy Hook Fishing Violations - 732-872-5970
Sandy Hook General Info - 732-872-0115

US Coast Guard/OOD - 732-872-3428

Marine Enforcement violations - (609) 748-2050

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=45
Commercial Regulations
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2008/comregs08.pdf