PDA

View Full Version : Couple of plugs

surfstix1963
05-05-2010, 10:09 AM
The first is the 5oz. Needlefish that I finally decided on silver w/ transparant green scaling(kind of hard to see)and the other is just a quick repaint of a SS bottle plug that was beat up pretty good but I don't want to get rid of it because it was a limited version with internal rattles.I did hear they may have put some back out on the market gotta go see.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
5 oz needle would be perfect for fishing fast current, inlets, etc. :drool:
Nice work. I noticed that sign in the background, "Surfstix Lures", pretty cool. :cool: :thumbsup:

speedy
05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
the yellow one is great . what is it i have seen them but dont know the name of the plug how much for the plug

speedy
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
5 oz needle would be perfect for fishing fast current, inlets, etc. :drool:
Nice work. I noticed that sign in the background, "Surfstix Lures", pretty cool. :cool: :thumbsup: hey bro thanks for taking me lastnight and thankyou for my needle and meeting you for the first time it was great :HappyWave::thumbsup::thumbsup:

surfstix1963
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Its just a Superstrike bottle plug repainted I've had that thing for years thats why I repainted it kind of beat up from the last time I fished(huh I can't even remember)They are almost impossible to find but I'm looking.I don't sell anything just a hobby I picked up since I'm out of work.

surfstix1963
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
The sign is just another dumb thing I found to do when I was bored out of my mind I think I'm losing it, hopefully this will be a quick recovery from this surgery this is without a doubt getting real old.I might have to start selling them(I get terminated May 22nd another punishment for being hurt on the job) once I'm satisfied on the final product (not yet though)Hey Rich did you throw that plug hows it swim let me know if the thing works I never fished them yet lets see some teeth marks.:d

storminsteve
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear you lost your job surfstix, I thought there were laws against that. Good luck with the surgery. Nice looking plugs as always.

speedy
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
sorry to here man i hurt my back at work 6 months after being work mans comp they fired me . had a friend who knows the law look it up . they could not do that because i was on workmans comp . so i took them to court and burn there a-s big time

its a tuff road my man hope you get better soon keep your head up man i still have back pain to this day after all i had done with my back . if they give you pain pills get off them as soon as you can i delt with my pain alot better with out the pills.. good luck man i am here if you need something:HappyWave::thumbsup:

surfstix1963
05-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks guys,You cannot sue your employer in NY unless there was a third party involved thats what the so called compensation is for.Messing w/ the kits keeps my mind off the pain I hate eating pills but sometimes I have no choice if I sit too long or stand or walk too long kind of like the preverbial pissing up a rope.I just want to feel a fish on the end of a line and all my pain goes away for awhile hopefully this fall I can at least give it a shot.:HappyWave:

Monty
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
:HappyWave: Surfstix, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Great looking plugs, paint job is awesome :thumbsup:

surfstix1963
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks Monty going in on Monday for the back surgery,hey you finally stopped tying teasers, are you fishing or did you run out of thread:d Take Care

Pebbles
05-06-2010, 07:48 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

skinner
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Good luck on Monday, I'll be thinking of you and praying.

speedy
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
good luck my man hope every thing go s good for you god bless

Monty
05-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Monty going in on Monday for the back surgery,hey you finally stopped tying teasers, are you fishing or did you run out of thread:d Take Care

Well I hope all goes well on Monday.
Been out a few times, in Germany now for work.
Flying back to Joisey in a few hours and going to try to get out on the water early Sunday AM. I tie only when I need something now (like tails for these I painted and epoxied before I left for Germany). Again, best of luck Monday BIGTIME!

speedy
05-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Well I hope all goes well on Monday.
Been out a few times, in Germany now for work.
Flying back to Joisey in a few hours and going to try to get out on the water early Sunday AM. I tie only when I need something now (like tails for these I painted and epoxied before I left for Germany). Again, best of luck Monday BIGTIME!

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: monty did you make them how wood you like to sell me one please :naughty::naughty: very niceeeeeee work man:thumbsup:

Monty
05-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Repainted Bob Hahns.
Were a little beat up, so sanded, sealed,painted, epoxied.
Some day I'll get a lathe.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: monty did you make them how wood you like to sell me one please :naughty::naughty: very niceeeeeee work man:thumbsup:

speedy
05-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Repainted Bob Hahns.
Were a little beat up, so sanded, sealed,painted, epoxied.
Some day I'll get a lathe. nice paint work i got my peanuts down now have to work on making bigger swimmers
hey monty on my swimmers some go deep and some are 2 or3 inches on top of the water do you know watch way i bend the wire to get the plug to stay on top?:huh::D

surfstix1963
05-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks to all of you I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers I just want to get past these surgeries and get going again.Speedy to try and answer your question, bend the wire not the the lip up to dive deeper and down to ride higher most swimmers do need to be adjusted because of the different densities each plug has.Bending the lip on a steeper angle will cause it to roll more than wiggle but if you screw up it will be a PITA to get the lip back to where it was and you will probably need to replace it adjusting the lip should be a last resort.You could add a very little arse weight but they won't swim tail up and will stay on top more.Sometimes a larger trebel up front could do the trick to bring the nose down some.Thanks again everyone Tight Lines.:thumbsup:

speedy
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
thankyou sir.

rip316
05-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Good luck Surfstix.

surfstix1963
05-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Thanks rip316.

rip316
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Hopefully I can send you a pic of what I caught with what you gave me. Get well soon.