PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there!

DarkSkies
05-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Sometimes in our lives it's not cool for us to credit or talk about our Mothers. That's for sissies, right? :huh:

I don't think so.

My Mom is still alive, I'm grateful for that.

Mothers are the ones who wiped our butts when we were young, stayed up with us at 3am when we had a 102 fever, and gave us the support, and (hopefully) nagged us enough when growing up so that we could carry on good values and unselfish behavior towards other people.

They were one of the principal formulators of the building blocks that made the foundation of our lives.

I'm glad to have a good relationship with my Mom after many years of dysfunctionality. Our family is still pretty messed up, and far from what most people would call normal, but at least we have mended some bridges.

You can't mend a fence when someone is laying in a box in a cemetary. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif

Please remember that as we honor our Mothers and the women in our lives who are Mothers. If ya have it in ya, give an extra hug to a Mother today... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:clapping::clapping::clapping: :HappyWave: to all the Mothers out there. Hope the day is good for you.

Pebbles
05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you.

lostatsea
05-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Happy mothers day!

DarkSkies
05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Thank you.

Happy Mother's Day, Sweetheart, hope ya had a good one. :heart: :kiss:

DarkSkies
05-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I owe a lot to my Mom. She was the strength and good example when my parents got divorced. She always tried to keep us on the right path and punish us if we veered.

We got soap in our mouths if we cursed, smacked if we talked back, and had to write essays or do extra chores when we screwed up and forgot to do as asked.

Some of that stuff, parents can't do to their children today. I think it's sad, because I learned from all of those experiences. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Happy Mothers' Day to all the Moms, wives, and girlfriends out there....
And Happy Mothers Day to my sweetheart Pebbles. :heart: :kiss:
Where would I be without her? http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

mick2360
05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Had to decide between calling an old friend to fish all night or be fresh for the day with the wife. For once, the fish didn't win out. Now off to read the reports of the striperpalooza that I know occurred last night.....:ROFLMAO

On a serious note, fishing has to be in its place. My wife is happy and that counts for a lot. :)

cowherder
05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
What Mick2360 said. Fishing is great but we need to appreciate the women in our lives. Happy Mothers day to all!

ledhead36
05-08-2011, 12:44 PM
We got soap in our mouths if we cursed, smacked if we talked back, and had to write essays or do extra chores when we screwed up and forgot to do as asked.

Some of that stuff, parents can't do to their children today. I think it's sad, because I learned from all of those experiences. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that, that's how I learned too.
Happy Mothers day all the moms out there.

albiealert
05-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes if there weren't any mothers do you think any men would be having the babies? I think not. Happy Mom's day.

bababooey
05-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Happy Mothers day to all the Moms!

storminsteve
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Where would be be without our Moms? I'm cool enough to say that.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6jksiB4Bc&feature=related

basshunter
05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Great video storminsteve, happy mothers day to all.

captnemo
05-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Thank you to all the mothers. Happy Mothers day folks.

dogfish
05-11-2014, 12:01 PM
america, mom, and apple pie all go together. Happy day all.:HappyWave:

storminsteve
05-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Happy moms day

buckethead
05-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Happy Mothers day. If your Mom is still alive it is something to appreciate.

cowherder
05-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Happy Mother's Day. If your Mom is still alive it's a good thing. Enjoy the day gentlemen. got skunk this morning, will try to go back out tonight.