PDA

View Full Version : Tips from the sharpies: The dual purpose hi-low rig

DarkSkies
05-17-2010, 06:28 PM
OK guys, hot off the presses is a new design by one of the surf sharpies out there.

He wanted to help the guys who are fishin clams and then all of a sudden there's a bunker blitz of big bass. :thumbsup:

When this happens, instead of scratching your heads...:huh:

you have a fish catchin solution!! :d

DarkSkies
05-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Now you'll never be involved in a bunker blitz again without the proper weapons!

You will be a true hunter, equipped to handle any surf situation...

Here's what ya do -

1.Clam on the bottom.

2. Bunker on the top.

3. FishFinder hardware for your sinker, this is VERY important...

Guaranteed to double your chances of catching, or your money back! :wow:

Discuss.... ;)

Simp
05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Better yet, instead of having a sinker on, why not put a plug on the end? Maybe a big Danny or a Pikie and let the bunker and clam act as a teaser. I bet it would work!

storminsteve
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Better yet, instead of having a sinker on, why not put a plug on the end? Maybe a big Danny or a Pikie and let the bunker and clam act as a teaser. I bet it would work!

Great idea!http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif The combined weight of the clam and bunker would give the swimmer some great diving action.:rolleyes: It would be calling out to all fish in the sea.
Here's an important question Simp, if you did this would you cut down the size of the clam and bunker pieces to give the plug a little more wiggle? I'm thinking maybe a half clam instead of a whole, and a very small piece of bunker attached to a cork float.

Simp
05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Great idea!http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif The combined weight of the clam and bunker would give the swimmer some great diving action.:rolleyes: It would be calling out to all fish in the sea.
Here's an important question Simp, if you did this would you cut down the size of the clam and bunker pieces to give the plug a little more wiggle? I'm thinking maybe a half clam instead of a whole, and a very small piece of bunker attached to a cork float.

Cut down the size? Not me! I'm sending a whole surfclam and a whole bunker along with a 3 oz. Danny on its way. What I probably would do, would be to tie a small fly teaser on a 16"-18" leader to the rear treble so if there were any fluke around........

jigfreak
05-19-2010, 02:24 PM
roflmao! This is a rig only for the best of the best though. If you were to accidentally snag a bunker on the teaser, in theory you would have 4 baits out there to interest the fish. Can you imagine if you got 4 bass or bluefish on at one time? This top secret weapon must not fall into the hands of Mexico or our fish stocks are doomed.:ROFLMAO

basshunter
05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
When this happens, instead of scratching your heads...:huh:

you have a fish catchin solution!! :d

:clapping::thumbsup:Great stuff keep em coming!

finchaser
05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Can't believe you guy's think this a joke:scared::HappyWave:

rip316
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I really thought I was going to get some good info from this thread and all of a sudden it turned into what Fin said.

clamchucker
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I really thought I was going to get some good info from this thread and all of a sudden it turned into what Fin said.

Rip316, you do know that this seems to be a joke type of post, I don't think anyone would want to follow the advice on this one. At least I hope they wouldn't .

DarkSkies
05-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Fin will be running seminar on the dual purpose Hi-low rig and how bunker makes everyone a bass fisherman, a "2 seminars for the price of 1" special, for advanced ticket sales only. ;)
I'll post the details as they become available...

rip316
05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
If Fin is speaking I will listen.

wish4fish
06-09-2010, 05:30 PM

ha ha just saw this one, hilarious lol:clapping:

baitstealer
06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Very creative!

DarkSkies
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
You guys will get all this and more, when ya sign up for the Finchaser seminar.

To whet your appetite, here's a preview of the first 6 minutes... :eek: :d

TFNeBRc7W7s

speedy
06-11-2010, 08:21 PM
You guys will get all this and more, when ya sign up for the Finchaser seminar.

To whet your appetite, here's a preview of the first 6 minutes... :eek: :d

TFNeBRc7W7s
now thats funny i like the donut part :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

CharlieTuna
07-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Great stuff, guys!:thumbsup: