PDA

View Full Version : Who eats bunker?

ledhead36
11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
anyone ever cook or eat bunker? I was out there fishing and some asian guys saw me with peanut bunker. I was leaving and they said could they have? I said sure you can use them for bait, they said no we are going to eat!:kooky:

plugcrazy
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I gave my leftovers to this Filipino family one time and they said they wanted to cook it.

DarkSkies
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I have, on a dare.
I bet a comm fisherman at Belford that he couldn't eat half a large peanut bunker, while I ate the other half, raw.

I lived up to my end of the deal, he welched. :moon:
Guess I won that one... :rolleyes:

DarkSkies
05-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Who really eats it?
Seriously?

I know and count as friends people from all cultures. I try to understand all types of funky food choices, I'm always ready to sample something different. :thumbsup:

But cooked adult bunker? :huh:

What the eff?

A friend sent these pics he took in a Brooklyn fish market.
He said these were bunker for sale to eat.

I really thought he was puttin me on.
I still think he is... :2flip: :d :HappyWave:

Wow, how would you even prepare that? :upck:

I know people who eat mullet, and the way they talk about it, I guess it's like eating sardines, not bad.

Who knows people who eat bunker?
Recipes?
Inquiring minds wanna know...

jigfreak
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM

I think he is putting you on too. How would you cook it, it would end up like mush?

jonthepain
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I have, on a dare.
I bet a comm fisherman at Belford that he couldn't eat half a large peanut bunker, while I ate the other half, raw.

I lived up to my end of the deal, he welched. :moon:
Guess I won that one... :rolleyes:

i'd say HE won

speedy
05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Who really eats it?
Seriously?

I know and count as friends people from all cultures. I try to understand all types of funky food choices, I'm always ready to sample something different. :thumbsup:

But cooked adult bunker? :huh:

What the eff?

Wow, how would you even prepare that? :upck:

I know people who eat mullet, and the way they talk about it, I guess it's like eating sardines, not bad.

Who knows people who eat bunker?
Recipes?
Inquiring minds wanna know...
yes they smoke it in a smoker:don't know why: i use it for bait thats all :naughty:

finchaser
05-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I've seen Mexicans pick them up on the beach to make some kind of soup they eat:don't know why:then again they may have thought they were small bluefish.

Pebbles
05-20-2010, 05:46 PM
This has nothing to do with "fish" bunker but I thought it was funny anyhow. BTW I agree with jon. I think Dark was actually the loser.

http://www.sydesjokes.com/page.php?v1=Budweiser%20-%20Beer%20Bunker&v2=budweiser_-_beer_bunker.wmv&v3=v&v4=Video_Clips_Commercials_Beer

jonthepain
05-20-2010, 06:17 PM
do they make lava toothpaste?

surfstix1963
05-21-2010, 05:01 AM
I had a guy ask me for them when I was snagging them he said he wanted to try it I don't know what he was Russian something along those lines and I said you don't eat these I want to try it so I gave him some next time I saw him he said fish bad very bad.:d

dogfish
05-21-2010, 03:33 PM
i'd say HE won

This has nothing to do with "fish" bunker but I thought it was funny anyhow. BTW I agree with jon. I think Dark was actually the loser.

http://www.sydesjokes.com/page.php?v1=Budweiser%20-%20Beer%20Bunker&v2=budweiser_-_beer_bunker.wmv&v3=v&v4=Video_Clips_Commercials_Beer

It's always nice to see a woman who supports her man. Pebbles you must be quite a gal. I suppose Dark is lucky. :rolleyes: Would love to meet you 2 someday, Pebbles.:HappyWave:
(PS I agree with you):d

hookset
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I've seen Mexicans pick them up on the beach to make some kind of soup they eat:don't know why:then again they may have thought they were small bluefish.

I had a guy ask me for them when I was snagging them he said he wanted to try it I don't know what he was Russian something along those lines and I said you don't eat these I want to try it so I gave him some next time I saw him he said fish bad very bad.:d

For most cultures we would probably hate it. Have you ever seen the stuff some Asians put in their soups? Fish heads, carcasses, et cetera. I would never eat bunker. Seems to me it would be like eating bony trout that was sitting out in the sun for a day. disgusting.

wish4fish
07-30-2012, 12:08 PM
dudes if u or anyone u kno is eating bunker u mite as well give them poop from the toilet because they will taste the same lol. that is just nasty dudes, bunker is bait!

bababooey
08-16-2013, 12:30 PM
For most cultures we would probably hate it. Have you ever seen the stuff some Asians put in their soups? Fish heads, carcasses, et cetera. I would never eat bunker. Seems to me it would be like eating bony trout that was sitting out in the sun for a day. disgusting.

I was watching a recent show where Andrew Zimmern was eating different things along the Gulf Coast of Fla. In this one episode they were eating fried mullet at a restaurant. The mullet were quite large I think they called them roe mullet they were all at least 12-16" long. I figured mullet to be the same nastiness as bunker. They filleted the mullet, fried them and ate those fillets. They fried the roe and the gizzards. They also fried the whole leftover rack and ate that. He said the tail tasted like potato chips. Have never eaten mullet nor would I try it. Mullet and bunker are for bait! I guess some southerners think differently.

williehookem
08-27-2013, 06:35 PM
^^ I saw that one. might try mullet because the larger ones look like stripers. As for bunker they would seem to me to be too oily more oily than bluefish. I really don't believe there's any way to make them taste good.

VSdreams
08-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Recipe for bunker:

Cook bunker on wood plank over open fire.
Cook slowly.
When it smells done take it off and check for tenderness. Throw the bunker away, eat the plank.:)